Chapter 8

"That's it Toni!! Tilt your head a little... Perfect!" The photographer said as Toni went through various poses. "And that's a wrap!" He said as everyone clapped. "I think we got our cover shot."

"I love it

"I love it." She said trying to sound enthusiastic.

"Ms. Toni we need you to sign off on the editorial for next month's issue." Her assistant said referring to her magazine sereniT (serenity).

"Okay I'll do it as soon as I get back to my office." Toni sad grabbing her phone. She noticed 15 missed calls from Dylan. It had been three days since their fight and she missed him but she was still mad.

"Also Versace wants to partner again on a new collection but they need more ideas."

"Okay I'm on it. Thanks."

She drove to her office and walked in the building. "Good morning Toni." Everyone said in unison. She smiled and made her way to her office.

As soon as she sat down and started working someone knocked on the door

As soon as she sat down and started working someone knocked on the door. "Come in." She said dryly. "Oh its you."

"Well hello to you too." Nina chuckled sitting her purse down. She came and sat in one of the chairs in front of Toni's desk. Just as she did Toni's phone started ringing.

"So you're just gonna keep ignoring him?" Nina asked seeing Dylan's name flash across the screen.

"Yep."

"The man has called 27 times and its only 10 am."

"I don't wanna talk to him."

"You just don't wanna apologize for the way you reacted."

Looking up from her work, Toni frowned, "Who said I was wrong?"

"You did when you came here instead of your mother's house or mine." Nina answered giving her a knowing look.

"That's because I knew you two would say I was wrong."

"Were you?"

"Maybe a little. And for your information my office couch is very comfortable."