Chapter 17 - Easy to Please

Photo :  Yes Magazine

This is supposedly a long chapter but I opted to do it in two parts so that it won't be tiring to read. So expect that the end of this will be bitin, cliffhangerish (but then, I realized all my chapters are like that pala, hahaha).

Thanks so much for all the encouragement, it warms my heart that so many have voiced out their appreciation for this fic, and that makes me fired up to make it even better. I like that you all agree with where the story is going and always wait for the catch, because there always is one.

I won't say much about this chapter, I'm sure you have your own expectations on what the next encounter of Maine and RJ will be like. Let's see if this meets your expectations. Please share your thoughts, I may not be able to reply to all but know that I appreciate each and every comment, even the emojis you share are still important because it is an expression of what you feel.

Enjoy my dears and have a great week ahead :)

 Love, I hope we get on 
I hope we can find a way 
Seeing it all 
Love, I hope we can be 
I hope I can find a way 
Of letting you see 
That I'm so easy to please 
So easy   

Richard called Maine early in the morning. He gave himself up to three tries to contact her and thankfully, she picked up at the third try, after seven rings.

"Maine, good morning."

"Yes, Richard."

"Would you have time to meet me today?"

"Even if I do, I'd rather not, Richard."

"Maine.....I broke off our engagement. I need to talk to you about it."

"Richard, no. How did Nicole take it?"

"I don't know. I'm so confused. Please meet me? Can we talk tonight?"

She thought about it, torn between wanting to see him and feeling sorry for her sister. Wanting to see him won over.

"Ok. Maybe around 7:00 PM? I'll be coming from the office, where are we meeting?"

"I'll come get you."

It was like his words physically caressed her. In the midst of worrying for her sister's broken engagement, this feeling sneaks up on her, and it's so hard to tamp down.

"Maine?"

"Yes. Sorry, I'll be ready by 6:00."

She called Nicole right after Richard called. She wondered how Nicole was. From Nicole's reply, she knew her sister was unwell.

"Sis. Hi."

"Nic, RJ called me just now. What's this about your broken engagement? What happened?"

"Maine, I think he already knows about us. He seems to have figured out everything already."

"Oh my God. Nic, this is what I was afraid of. I told you he would figure it out soon."

"Maine, what will I do?"

"I'll talk to him. Just concentrate on getting better, Nic. When is your first chemo session?"

"I will undergo induction therapy three days from now. I'll be in the hospital for five days."