Chapter 41 - Princess of China

Photo : Manny and April Photography

Good evening beshies, sorry for the late upload, realidad is eating me alive. But we'll I finally had a chance to squeeze in an update and if you think that the happily ever after is already all set, I got a little surprise for you.....there's someone who may or may not rock the boat.

Please read on and find out how and who it is. The reveal will be tomorrow, you'll even get to see who the person is! But for now, suspense muna. Hope you like this chapter, and please let me know what you think, whether it's to violently react to this story arc or to just say hi.

Enjoy my loves :)

  Once upon a time on the same side.
Once upon a time on the same side, in the same game
And why'd you have to go, have to go and throw water on my flame

I could've been a princess, you'd be a king
Could've had a castle, and worn a ring
But no, you let me go  

Two weeks after her honeymoon in Korea, Maine walked in to the offices of Supernova Digital. The old gang was there to welcome her, she got a lot of teasing about her two weeks away from work, which she took good-naturedly. She was going to sit down with Kyle to discuss the business and whether they still had the same vision of where they wanted to take it.

She entered Kyle's office where breakfast was served in his round table. He was on the phone when she entered, talking to a client about a new cost estimate. He ended the call and rose from behind his desk, and approached her, hugging her close.

"Welcome back, princess."

It was like old times, before she met Richard, when hugging between them was normal, second nature. She missed the physical closeness they used to have, but she was aware that such closeness was no longer acceptable between them. Discreetly, she pulled away from him and sat on one of the seats by the round table.

"Nice spread you have here. Mostly my favorites. Thanks Kyle."

"How are you? You look great, by the way. No morning sickness yet?"

"Ugh, it's not just in the morning. I get it the whole day, and I feel sleepy all the time. Been craving for cookie dough icecream all the time."

"Ben and Jerry's huh? Wait magpapabili ako."

"Wag na, it's too early pa for me to eat icecream and I might get bloated."

He was looking at her with fascination, enjoying the way she ate with gusto. She looked like she was in the pink of health, her skin was glowing and her body remained the same, still no weight gain.

"Huy, Kyle, stop staring at me while I eat."

"Sarap mo kumain eh. Nakakainggit."

"Then eat your breakfast. This bacon is heavenly, not too fatty and the slice is thick."

He started eating his waffles, smiling at her. Hay, naku Maine. Even with Trish already, you still make me smile. Ang saya mo talaga kasama.

"Soooo......what are your plans for Supernova? Are we hitting our targets?"

"Oo naman, we won three more accounts from the Farmatika umbrella. We already got their cost estimates signed. Just waiting for the checks to be released. And we've been invited to pitch in five new brands."

"Wow that's good. Too bad I can't participate as much as I used to. I've been told to take it easy for the first two trimesters."

"Why what's wrong?"

"Nagspot kasi ako while we were in Korea. I have to rest, take meds na pampakapit ng baby."

"I'll miss working with you."

"Kyle." She gave him a reproachful look.

"I think we have to accept by now that things will have to change between us. I know I'll miss our old closeness, but much as I want that to remain, I can't. I'm married to a wonderful guy, I have a baby and another one coming. And you....you have Trish."

"Maine, I know. Everything you said makes sense, I know what you're saying is right. And Trish, I love her. She's end game for me, I cannot imagine anyone else with me. But it doesn't really change the fact that you will always remain special to me. I don 't think that will ever change. You think I like it this way? Ayoko naman eh. Nakakapagod na to be honest. You've been away, out of sight and Trish has been close to me all this time. But my damned, stubborn heart won't let go just yet. Iba ka, Maine."

"Alam mo, you're just idealizing me. I'm nothing special, Kyle. I'm just an ordinary person."

"Maybe I am, I don 't know. I'm sorry Maine. Maybe I'm making you uncomfortable."

"How will we get back to normal? Nakakahiya kay Trish. Kyle, don't hurt her, she's good for you."

"But I know that, and I love her. Maine, don't worry about me or my feelings. Last na natin usap to about how I feel for you. Let me worry about my feelings and Trish."

"Ok, if you say so."

"Maine, I'm thinking of expanding the business. We've been getting inquiries to do BTL and ATL on top on digital, but we don't have that capability. I'm thinking of partnering with an ATL agency, it might be good if we have an affiliation so that we got the whole pie instead of just the digital business."

"Di ba risky yun Kyle? What if they take the whole pie from us?"

"No, we'll get bound by a contract, so we'll be protected. I already found a possible agency, it's not a big one but they have a good reputation. Have you heard of Dreamcatcher?"

"Yes, I'm familiar with their work. They seem to be gaining momentum lately."

"Ok, I've set up a meeting with them two days from now. Just a casual dinner, bring Richard if you like."

"Ok, where will the meeting be?"

"I'm having it set up, text you the details ok?"

She suddenly coughed and gagged, then rushed to the bathroom. He wanted to help her but restrained himself, not wanting to be rejected.

-----

That night, she had the most wonderful foot massage from her husband, a massage that ended in bed, with both of them naked. Flushed from lovemaking, she snuggled closer to his body, loving the feel of his muscled body against hers. She hooked a leg between his thighs, his hand caressing her breast as they talked idly about their day.

"Babe, I have a dinner two nights from now with Kyle and a potential business partner. Sama daw kita, you game?"

"Sure, I don't have anything naman by then. Business partner ha, what do you need a business partner for?"

"Ang dami kasi namin inquiries for ATL and BTL. Sometimes, it's a deal breaker for us. The bigger agencies get the account because they have a complete line-up of services samantalang kami digital marketing lang. So we're exploring partnering with a boutique agency, just so we have a wider range of services."

"Ahhh, ok. Sabagay, you and that agency can compliment each other with connections and clients. So which agency is this?"

"Dreamcatcher Limited. Have you heard of them?"

He froze upon hearing the name of the agency. Too bad he already gave his commitment to go to dinner with her. How would he tell her the truth?

How was he going to tell her that Dreamcatcher's CEO was his ex for five years, right before he married Nicole?