Chapter 23 - God Put a Smile Upon Your Face

Photo :  @mainedcm Twitter Account

 Happy Chinese New Year!  I wish you all the good tidings and love, happy lang, ok :)

It's time to smile my beshies! I am so inspired because MaiChard is back in each other's arms. I guess my previous chapters were harder to read because we also missed seeing them together, and the coincidence made the pain more heartfelt. 

I promised the pain would ebb away after the last chapter. It may not be a complete turnaround yet, because that would be so unnatural, but slowly, our ship will sail. Take flight with me and feel the vibe, it's slowly going to get better.

If you've reached this chapter, big love for you from me! Thank you for weathering the storm with me. Salamat sa tiwala (thanks for the faith).  I know there were some who couldn't stay on because they couldn't believe the story can take a turn for the better, but trust me, it will. hope you will like this chapter (Fluff Alert!)

Enjoy the weekend beshies, send me your love on the comments section :)

Where do we go nobody knows?
I've gotta say I'm on my way down
God give me style and give me grace
God put a smile upon my face 
Where do we go to draw the line?
I've gotta say I wasted all your time, (oh honey honey)
Where do I go to fall from grace?
God put a smile upon your face, yeah  

Seven Months Later

Despite her doctor's precautions to delay her IVF procedure, Nicole stubbornly defied her oncologist. She was feeling stronger after the second induction phase and did not want to waste time waiting for a year, which was what her oncologist advised. Richard was wary about pushing through with the procedure but Nicole was adamant. She was so sure she could get through the IVF cycle without breaking down her body. She and Richard left for Singapore the day after their wedding to start with the process of having a baby. She was so excited, and this excitement seemed to have given her a new lease on life. Filled with positive energy, she felt she could do and conquer anything.

The IVF Cycle took a whole month, and Nicole was lucky to get pregnant at their first try. Her youth was a factor, being young meant healing was also faster. She stopped dieting and smoking, even before her first induction phase started. She got enough sleep. She followed all the doctor's orders and stopped working, taking bedrest seriously.

Intimacy between her and Richard did not happen, and it wasn't because she wanted it that way. She was so focused on having a baby and did not want to endanger the IVF process. She did not demand that Richard be intimate with her because she wanted the IVF to work, she feared she would run out of time if their first attempt would fail. Now, seven months after their trip to Singapore for the IVF, she was proud of her protruding belly.

They were going to have a baby girl, and she was over the moon with happiness. The baby was healthy despite resuming her chemo treatments in this last trimester of her pregnancy. Although treatment could be resumed after the first trimester, she refused to take chances. By now she was sure it was safe to resume treatment without harming her baby.

Richard had been nothing but good to her, he was very attentive and caring. She thought maybe if they lived together as man and wife, he would later develop feelings for her, and maybe he did, but it was still not the same intensity as what he felt for Maine. He carried a certain air of sadness in him, a deep-seated melancholy that she was afraid to ask about.