8

QUEENS

"Hey, Aunt May." Peter exclaimed as he walked passed his aunt and Tony Stark "Hey. - I thought shorty Sarah was coming over for dinner?" Tony rose a brow, Sarah must be really close with Peter if Aunt May knew knew about her and gave her a nickname. Sarah will be angry at Tony because of his choice.

"Tony I said, No." The grown man whined "Why not? You're on Capsicles side! Why can't I have Spidey on my team?!" Sarah rubbed her eyes looking out the window of the jet. "He's going to get hurt! Peter doesn't have experience with agents or superhumans! He's only fought me and I left I nasty bruise on his face!" Tony rolled his eyes. "Tony I know you're rolling your eyes at me, I just don't want him to get hurt." Tony was weirded out with the fact that Sarah knew him so well. They have had an 'over protective' guardian kind of relationship ever since she came into his life. It was like that with everyone in the Avengers team. "I will keep it under consideration if Steven doesn't piss me off." Sarah sighed.

Peter walked to the kitchen counter and set down his backpack "I totally forgot to ask, oops. Uh, this crazy car parked outside..." Peter looks up mid sentence to look in the eyes of the Tony Stark "Oh, Mr. Parker." Tony says putting his arm over the couch, Peter takes his earbuds off and points at Tony. "Umm. What. What are you doing...? Hey. I'm-I'm-I'm Peter." The boy muttered and Tony smiled slightly "Tony." The multimillionaire replies "What are... What are you - What are you - What are you doing here?" Peter smiled widely as he crosses his arms. "It's about time we met. You've been getting my e-mails, right? - Right?" Tony replies with a lie "Yeah. Yeah. - Regarding the..." Peter follows his lie. "You didn't tell me about the grant." Aunt May says looking at Peter "About the grant." The teen continues "The September Foundation."

-"Right."

"-"Yeah. Remember when you applied."

-"Yeah."

"I approved. So now, we're in business." Tony says before sipping his tea. "You didn't tell me anything. What's up with that? - You're keeping secrets from me?" Aunt May questions with a small smile on her lips "Why, I just, I just... I just know how much you love surprises, so I thought I would let you know... wh... - Anyway, what did I apply for?" Peter stutters out, questioning Tony. "That's what I'm here to hash out." The man informs Peter. Tony gives him and 'keep following me' look and Peter slightly nods "Okay. Hash, hash out, okay."

"It's so hard for me to believe that she's someone's aunt. We come in all shapes and sizes, you know." May chuckles out. "This walnut bake loaf is exceptional." Tony says raising the bar of lead and looks at the young aunt, he stands and smiles as he fixes his vest. "Let me just stop you there." Peter says with a light smirk and holding up a finger "Yeah? Is this grant, like, got money involved or whatever? No?" The spider teen continues. "Yeah. - Yeah. - It's pretty well funded. - Wow. Look who you're talking to. - Can I have 5 minutes with him?" Tony looks down at the aunt kindly "Sure." The woman replies. Peter walks to his room and Tony follows.

"As walnut bake loaves go, that wasn't bad." He man says spitting out the bread into a trash can. He looks around Peters small room. "Oh. What do we have here, retro tech, huh? - Thrift store? Salvation army?" Tony says looking at the old computer system "Uh, the garbage actually." Peter says walking towards the corner of his bed. "You're a dumpster diver." Tony states and Peter nods. "Yeah, I was... Anyway, look. Umm. I definitely did not apply for your grant." The teen says crossing his arms. "Uh,uh. Me first." The man cuts him off "Quick question of the rhetorical variety." Tony takes out a recorded video of Peter swinging around with his web. "That's you, right?" Tony questions showing him the video "Um, no. - What do you. What do you mean..."

Tony cuts him off "Yeah. Look at you go. Wow, nice catch! 3000 pounds. 40 miles an hour. Its not easy. You got mad skills." Tony states as he pauses the video "That's all-That's all on Youtube though right. I mean that's where you found it. Cause' you know that's all fake. It's all done on a computer?" Peter says nervously, looking at the 3-D holographic screen "Mm-Hmm." Tony says looking up at the celling and grabbing a wooden stick

"It's like that video, What is it?..." Peter mutters "Yeah, yeah, yeah... Oh you mean like those UFOs over Phoenix?" Tony raises the wooden stick and pokes the ceiling ventilator, opening it

"Exactly." Peter says before jumping to grab his 'suit' that had fallen "What have we here?" Tony asks as Peter shoves it into the closet. "Uh... That's a..." Peter leans back on the wall and exhales. "So. You're this... Spider-ling. Crime fighting Spider... You're Spider-Boy?" Tony ask taking a few steps forward to face Peter. "S... Spider-Man." Peter corrects. "Not, in that onesie, you're not."

"It's not a onesie." Peter says walking towards his desk. "You won't believe this. I was actually having a real good day today, you know, Mr. Stark. Didn't miss my trains. Was this close to telling a girl that I loved her and... Algebra test. Nailed it!" Tony rose a brow, "He must be talking about Sarah", Tony questioned himself. " Who else knows? Anybody?" He asked "Nobody." Peter said hesitantly "Not even... the girl of your dream, Sarah?" Peter looked at Tony, completely forgetting the fact the knew Sarah. "I'm guessing you where gonna tell her that you loved her."

Peter just sighed "Don't worry kid, I'll keep my wide mouth shut."

"What about your, unusually attractive aunt?" Tony asked, grabbing Peter's suit from the closet. "No, no. No, no. If she knew, she would freak out. And when she freaks out, I freak out.-"

"You know what I think is really cool? This webbing." Tony says cutting the teen off and throwing the container to his face and Peter immediately grabbing it. "That tensile strength is off the charts - Who manufactured that?" Tony asked curiously "I did." The teen states before throwing it into the laundry basket. "Climbing the walls. How are you doing that? Cohesive gloves?"

"It's a long story. I was uh..."

Tony cuts him off as he looks threw black tinted goggles. "Lordy! Can you even see in these?" He ask putting them on and saying "Ah, I'm blind." in a weird voice Peter takes them away from him, as if he was the parent and Tony was the child. "Yes. Yes, I can. I can-I can see in those. Okay? It's just that... when... whatever happened happened, it's like my senses have been dialed to 11. There's way too much input, so... they just kinda help me focus." Peter tells Tony, somewhat informing his what happened.

"You're in dire need of an upgrade. Systemic, top to bottom. 100-point restoration. That's why I'm here." Peter now sits on the corner of his bed and looks at Tony. "Why are you doing this? I got to know. What's your MO? What gets you out of that twin bed in the morning?"

-"Because... ...because l've been me my whole life, - and l've had these powers for 6 months."

-"Mm-Hmm.-"

-"I read books, I build computers... And-And yeah. I would love to play football. But I couldn't then so I shouldn't now." Peter shrugs "Sure. 'Cause you're different." Tony states. "Exactly. But I can't tell anybody that, so I'm not." Peter pauses and takes a breather. "When you can do the things that I can, but you don't... and then the bad things happen, they happen because of you."

-"So you wanna look out for the little guy. You wanna do your part. Make the world a better place all that, right?"

-"Yeah. Yeah just looking out... for the little guy. That's-That's what it is" Tony stand up and takes a step towards the bed. "I'm going to sit here, so you move the leg." Tony sits down as the bed squeaks and then looks at the teen beside him. "You got passport?" He says putting his hand on Peters shoulder "Uh, no. - I don't even have a driving license."

"You ever been to Germany?" Tony continues "No." Peter answers. "Oh, you'll love it." Tony says with a sighs "I can't go to Germany!" Peter exclaims "Why?" The multimillionaire asks "I got... homework." The teen stutters "Alright, I gonna pretend you didn't say that."

"I'm-I'm being serious! I can't just drop out of school!" Peter exclaims, Tony stand up and walks to the door, putting his hand on the door knob. "Might be a little dangerous. Better tell Aunt Hottie I'm taking you on a field tri-" Tony was cut off by Peter webbing his hand down. "Don't tell Aunt May." He says pointing at Tony. "Alright, Spider-Man." There was a short pause between the two "Get me out of this." Tony says looking down at the web "Oh sorry, I'll get something."