CHAPTER TWO: GRIMLOCK

Note there will be errors, for I did not edit this chapter.

🔱CHAPTER TWO🔱
GRIMLOCK

Vanessa

"Vanessa."

I watched as both my mother and father sat on the chairs in front of me. The leaking of the water through the hole in the ceiling as the dripping sounds resounded one after the other, a small puddle of water formed on the ground. My eyes could not make out their faces or appearances, only their outlined silhouettes in the dimly lit room.

"Vanessa our dear flower come closer." They echoed.

As I tried getting closer to them, reaching out to them, the only thing that came to view was their lifeless eyes as swords pierced both their hearts, and only the sound of blood dripping on the ground was heard. Here I was, standing in a pool of blood, trying to get away only for it to hold me in place, making me unable to move.

"MOTHER! FATHER!" I yelled out, but it felt as though my voice was clogged in my throat. Laughter resonated in the now dark place where I stood.

My heart stopped as the eyes that pierced mine, held me in a shackle of fear. Red eyes, like rubies smeared in blood, sparked with a thirst for blood.

"You're next." the voice whispered. Eyes that looked at me inhumanely. Eyes that held no remorse. Eyes that held only a will to get rid of me. only for me to feel a sword pierce through my heart.

.

.

.

I sat up abruptly, a thin layer of cold sweat covered my forehead. I panted as I tried steadying my breathing, my heart banging at my ribcage as if almost ready to break out. Tears welled up in my eyes as a sharp pain struck my lower abdomen. A dream. It was all just simply... a dream. It has been the same dream over and over again, from that day. I couldn't even forget it, even if I wanted to.

The stench of blood clogged my nose as I looked down to see my wound reopening. Sighing out a curse, I tore a piece of my clothing, tying the wound tightly. The wagon rattled as I felt the pain intensify, the cold silver shackles binding my feet tightly. I couldn't even run away if I wanted to. Right at this moment, I was going to be sold. Seconds felt like minutes, minutes passed by like hours.

The rattling stopped as the harsh creaking of the wagon door made its way to my ears.

"Get up." The Aden spoke out in a heartless tone.

Aden's were people merchants. If you were living in the midst of society with literally nothing, they would be the ones to give you work, by selling you. Your income was being able to live and be fed, theirs, was the money. It was either do or die. And in my case, I have lived thus far, dying was not an option.

Standing up on my weak and wounded leg, I slowly made my way out of the wagon. My eyes meeting the large building before me. The auction house. I never though I'd see this place again. I felt a rough hand grab my hair pulling me towards the entrance. There was no use putting up a fight. It would only result in torment and torture. I couldn't let that happen, especially with the state I was in. made to stand in line, with other slaves alike, I let out a breath.

As time passed, I felt myself get closer to the staircase leading up to the stage. My heart thumped in my chest. What kind of master or mistress was I going to get this time? Was I going to barely make it out alive? Pushed on the stage, I fell on my wounded leg, letting out a wince. Inhumane. That's what this whole process was. And I had no say.

The bidding began.

"Fifty thousand Quarters!"

"Sixty thousand Quarters!"

"A hundred thousand Quarters!"

My eyes blazed at every single person in the room. I couldn't help but feel anger and hatred at every single person. Was this really the life we had to live through? Simply because, we had no status. Trying to fathom my thoughts, my lips quivered at the heartache I felt.

"One million Quarters!" a voice boomed throughout the hall, leaving everyone silent.

Shock overtook me. The maximum any slave was sold at was always two hundred thousand Quarters. Yet here there was. Someone bidding so much on...me. I looked up my eyes trying to decipher the person. There he stood, wearing a black cape, his face covered by the hood.

"Going once, going twice, sold! To the gentlemen over there." The Aden said almost too happily.

The Aden that had brought me in earlier pulled me by the arm, towards the exit of the stage, my mind still blank from what had just happened. No one would pay that much for anything. Standing in front of an oak door, the Aden knocked before pushing it open.

There he sat. 3 men standing next to him face unseen as he sipped on the probably horrible tea served to him. Dignified. Noble. That is what emanated from his posture. This man was no ordinary nobleman or aristocrat. Just who was he? I felt myself fall top my knees with force, my wound, throbbing. My head forced down.

"I apologize kind sir; it seems she still has not learnt her lesson after being in and out of the auction house. She's a bit of a troublemaker, if you wish, you can exchange her right now for someone more to your... refined taste."

The man put down the teacup, and simply kept silent for a while.

"There is no need for that, leave us. Id like to have a word, with her." He spoke in a monotonous cold tone.

The Aden, simply bowed, muttering a small 'yes' before making his way out of the room.

As soon as the Aden was gone completely, the man let out a sigh. Pulling back the hood of his cape, his jet-black hair made its way into my sight. An immaculate, flawless face. Violet blue eyes that had me caught up in a trance. This man was indeed handsome, but I kept my guard up and looked away. No one could be trusted.

"Now, shall we get to business?"

*

How was the chapter? did ou guys enjoy it? whats going to happen next? let me know your thoughts in the comment section below!

-Rama