Chapter 10: The Final Thrills

Rod Serling: "The time has come at last for Lincoln Loud and the others to take the final step of their journey into the unknown and so it is that as soon as the elevator door closes, it will begin. The elevator itself is set to take them to the fifth dimension itself. Into the very depths of darkness.....of The Twilight Zone."

Bobby: Alright, everybody, let's get a move on.

They pressed the button to take them several floors up to the entry hallway. The elevator lurched backwards and with a flash of light. The entire elevator chamber vanished leaving only the doors surrounded by a large starfield.

(Cue Twilight Zone theme)

A large spiral materialized and manifested into the shape of a cone spiral rotating away as it floated in the opposite direction of the elevator.

Lisa: We are now traveling through another dimension ladies and gentleman. A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind as well. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. We have entered....the twilight zone.

A doorway closed and the elevator began to descend several floors up.

Ronnie Anne: Y-You know, I....I really don't want to be here.

Clyde: Neither do I. But we gotta do this.

Ronnie Anne: Who said we had to?

Bobby: Calm down, sis.

Lincoln: We better, hurry. It's t-minus two hours til 8:05.

There was a sudden jerk as the elevator stopped. The electricity starting flickering on and off.

Lynn Sr: What the darn heck?

Lincoln: We've stopped moving? What floor are we at?

Lisa: It seems we stopped about halfway on the 7th floor.

Bobby: Hey, is there a safety hatch here somewhere?

Lisa: Oh, yes. That's right. Right here in the back of the elevator. I saw the schematics in the book.

Bobby: Well, open it.

Lincoln opened the hatch hoping to find the problem, but when he did, just in view of the opening was a hideously deformed face.

Everyone screamed in fear and surprise. It was a face that seemed rather inhuman. It's mouth looked like that of a pig's snout. The creature the proceeded to climb up past the hatch.

Clyde: Who was that?

Lincoln: Some kind of man-creature or something.

Lisa: I saw that in the book. It happens to be some kind of gremlin. According to the passage I read, a man once saw this same creature on the wing of an airplane one night, but nobody else saw it except him. It's said he shot the creature at least six times before he was incarcerated to a sanitarium because they thought he was insane, yet it's believed they soon found the damage.