Chapter three: Old McHawkeye had a farm

I look out the window and watch the Quin jet land and I pull out my phone and I press a button and hold it to me ear " Talk to me Black Wolf." I watch the team slowly exit the jet " The team has arrived, looking a little worn out." " At least they are alive." I watch as Clint leads them into the yard " let me know when you arrive and Ill tell Laura not to worry when you randomly pop up." Fury chuckles " that woman doesnt scare easily." I smile " I know, but you have your moments." I hear the Front door downstairs open " Ill talk to you when you get here sir, the team just entered the house." I put my phone away and Turn to the door when I hear Clint start to introduce Laura and I hear Cooper, Lila, and Forest run down the hall to the team. I walk over to my bed and pick up James " lets go see Daddy." The six month old lets out a coo and I kiss his forehead and walk out of the room and head over to the stairs. When I reach the bottom I see Thor walk past me and out the door and Steve follows, briefly giving me a look. I follow the two and see Thor Fly off and I stop behind Steve " will he be back?" Steve turns to me " Yes, but I hope its in time when we need help." I walk over to him and James claps at the sight of his father and Steve smiles at the boy, the captain then gives me a unreadable look " So you have a sister in Law." I nod " yes, one who I had to keep classified along with my niece and nephew, under Clint and Fury's word. I'm sorry I kept this from you but its Clint's family and he told me to keep them a secret." I shift James to my left hip " How are you feeling Steve?" He lets out a sigh " we all got hit hard, the Maximoff girl put images in our heads." I walk over so I'm in front of him and I look up " what did you see?" The supersoldier runs his hands through his blonde hair " the end of the war, and the celebrations. And Peggy." I give him a sad smile " But you didn't see us did you, you saw yourself happy with Peggy, how it should have been if the crash didn't happen." Steve runs his fingers over James's soft cheek " That's not what I want anymore, not after meeting you and Forest, and having James." I nod " I know, you must have blocked our memories when Wanda messed with your mind, your brain did it as a defense to protect your family. Don't be upset that we weren't in your vision, I know what you would chose." I hold out James and he takes the baby " He needs a change, and I left you clothes in the far right side bedroom upstairs." Steve leans down and kisses me lightly and he walks back to the house. I watch him and I pull out my phone " Yes Black Wolf?" I watch Steve enter the house " The girl messed in their heads and made them see things, I don't know what she showed the others but Steve saw what might've happened if the plane didn't crash, It explains why they look ragged when I saw them approach the house. You'll need a fine speech to pep them back up boss." I hear the older man sigh on his end " Ill think of something, take care of the team for now." I hang up and shove the phone back in my pocket and I see a truck approach the house and I walk over to the driveway to help my friend with the groceries. When the farm truck parks and my friends exits I smile " The others are here, just missed Thor though." My friend Chessera gives me a look " Darn, I always miss the pretty one, but how is everyone?" I start grabbing bags from the back " worn out, Steve, Nat, Thor, and Bruce had Wanda play mind games." The two of bring the groceries into the house and Laura smiles " thank you Chess." My friend nods " freshest stuff my nose could smell, only the best for Laura and baby Bun." Clint walks into the kitchen " why must you call the baby that?" I hand him a bag " because he's still a bun in the oven, now be a good man and put the groceries away." My brother groans but does so and I walk out of the kitchen and head upstairs. I reach my room when I hear Forest talking with Steve " When will James be big enough to play with me?" Steve chuckles " he'll get bigger, it just takes some time , why do you want a rush order Forest?" I peer around the door frame to see my daughter pout " I want someone to play with me the way I want to play. Lila is too girly and Cooper says I'm too young to play like a boy." I see Steve pat the young girls head " Maybe you should show your cousin how tough you are, just don't do anything dangerous or anything to hurt yourself or him." Forest nods to her stepfather and she runs out of the room, blindly running past me. I enter the room " lovely pep talk captain, I would have told her to Push Cooper into a pile of manure." Steve chuckles " you would, or you would push Clint in to show Forest how its done." I sit on the bed and smile at James who is sitting in between two pillows watching us " If I start showing Forest how things are done, then she will teach James so I wont have to." Steve shakes his head " thank you for making me feel better." I look up at my love " anytime Steve."
               I watch Steve rip apart the log in his hands as I stand in the kitchen with Laura and Chess and I let out a whistle " Damn, he gets sexy when he's angry, I am so hitting that when we get some alone time after we defeat Ultron." Chess groans " spare my ears please, and I can read your thoughts are so obvious I might get pregnant off of them." Laura lets out a laugh and I then feel a buzz in my pocket and I pull out my cell and I look down at the text " Laura, the boss is in the barn. He wants Stark for a few minutes, want to do the honors?" My sister in law nods and she heads outside. I let out a sigh and Chess looks over at me " you okay Feralin?" I look at my hybrid friend " Im gonna fight with the team, I'm got going to sit another battle out. Will you help?" Chessera grins and her eyes flash a glowing silver " my pleasure." I walk over to the oven and I check on the food cooking. I hear the kitchen door open and The kids enter the house with the others behind them. I smile at Steve and I grab a basket of napkins and utensils " would you be a gentleman and set the table." The supersoldier walk over and grabs the things from  my hands " yes ma'am." I hear a smack and shout and look up to see laura giving Clint a look as he rubs his head " See that's how it should be done." I let out a laugh " Face it Laura, I got the soldier, you got the Sass."  I look out of the window to see Tony leave the barn with Fury behind him. I turn to everyone " alright food is almost done, vacate to the dinning room, you too Laura." The others leave the kitchen and Chess and I start to dish out the finished food. When everything is dished out we bring it into the dining room. We all eat and chat with each other until the food is gone and I look at the kids " run off and play." They do as they are told and I look over at Fury, holding James on his lap he looks at the team and he begins to discuss what he knows from the information Maria and I gave him.