Chapter Five: New Allies

I give the controls over to Chess and I pull off my headset and stand " I' m going to go check on the others." My friend nods " good call, it has been quiet back there." I make my way to the cargo part of the jet and when I walk through the door I stop when I see Steve leaning against the wall asleep. I open a compartment drawer and I pull out a blanket and gently drape it over the super soldier. His eyes open briefly and I run my fingers through his soft blonde hair " just me soldier, go back to sleep, he have a couple more hours before we get to the tower." Steve nods sleepily " alright Fer, have you rested?" I lean down and kiss him lightly " yes, I took a nap. Now back to sleep Steve." Slowly my captain falls back to sleep. A quiet voice startles me and I turn to see the Maximoff girl watching me " can you repeat that?" She nods " may I have a blanket for my brother?" I notice the blonde young man sleeping on his sisters lap. I move and get another blanket and I walk over to the twins and I gently lay it over Pietro. Wanda smiles " thank you, for everything right now." I smile at her " you were dealt bad cards at a young age and you didn't know what to do, so you let your hate lead your actions. I read about you two,and I don't blame you for anything." Wanda looks up at me confused " why, after all that we did?" I move so I sit next to her " My friend Chessera worked for Hydra for years before she escaped, Natasha, my red haired friend was part of a Russian assassin program until she got out. My brother and I were part of a circus and we stole for them until we got out. We were all in positions that caused up to be in bad situations, but then we fought to be better and to help people instead of hurt them. I believe in second chances. I don't trust you fully yet, but I'm giving you a shot because you came to help when you two could have ran far away." Wanda nods " we will try our best to help you all." I stand and pat her head " get some rest kiddo, things will get really busy once we land." She nods and I go to head back to the front but I stop when she grabs my hand " you and the captain are together, why didn't I see you in his mind?" I turn and look at Steve " my fiancé is a smart man, his mind must have sensed your intrusion and blocked his memories of the kids and I." I look back at her " we have a six month old son together, and he is the best step father to my daughter. Maybe after everything you can meet them." Wanda nods " I'd enjoy that." I leave the back and sit back in my chair and Chess looks over and grins " you are such a mother Feralin." I roll my eyes " she's just a misguided kid that's feeling guilty, those two kids will fit right in the family." My white haired friend nods " true, though I think you need more assassins to balance out the science projects."
I race towards the lab hearing fighting and I slide into the room in time to see Thor blast the cradle with electricity. Steve looks over at me " Feralin stay where you are." The cradles lid explodes off throwing Thor away from it and a reddish human like thing leaps out and perches on the edge of he cradle. The body looks at all of us then leaps at Thor who tosses it towards the windows. Right before impact it stops mid air, floating and now staring out the window. The body turns and floats down to us, slowly gaining clothes and he looks at Thor " Thank you." My eyes widen at his voice and I shoot Tony a look. Steve looks at the Asgardian " Thor, you helped create this?" Thor nods " I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its center is that." Bruce steps closer " the gem?" Thor points to the stone " the mind stone, it's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." Steve then asks " then why would you bring it to.." The Asgardian interrupts " because Stark was right." Bruce and I mumble at the same time " oh it's defiantly the end times." Thor goes on about how we can't defeat Ultron alone and I poke in " is it me or does he sound like Jarvis." Tony explains how they configured Jarvis's matrix. I start to head out to my room after vision starts to talk and I  pull out more weapons after I enter the top . After a small while Wanda enters with her brother " The captain told us that you could help us get ready." I smile at the girl " come over here, I have just the things." I lead them into my closet and point to different lockers " Here we go, and before you question why I have guys clothes, I usually train new agents from time to time and when they aren't prepared I have clothes to bring them." Pietro nods and opens the locker close to him " do you pick out the outfits, if so, good taste." I chuckle " well I was never for girly things growing up, and when I was growing up I never had much female influence. You've seen my brother Clint, do you think he knows anything about girl things. " I walk out of the closet leaving the two siblings and I go back towards my weapons drawers only to see my lovely blonde super soldier leaning against the cabinet. I walk over to him " from the look on your face something interesting happened." Steve pulls me into his arms " Vision lifted Thor's hammer." I grin " so he is trustworthy." Steve nods " how are the twins?" I rest my head on his chest " I set them up in my closet, they should almost be ready. Do you still have your doubts about them?" The blonde nods " just a bit Fer, they were helping out our enemy a few hours ago." I nod " I understand, but I trust them fully, I know what it's like being in a situation like that, Clint and I weren't always on the good side of things." Steve nods and presses his lips to my forehead " we leave soon." I pull away from him and he leaves my room and I finish with my weapons when the twins renter the room and I smile at them " ready, lets go." They follow me down the hall and we get to the Quinjet. I get in and sit next to Steve.