Chapter 18: The Stalker Encounter

A couple days later I stop by the studio to say goodbye to Prince. Grace has signed us up for a striptease class. She thinks I could use it. She's given her boyfriends plenty of lap dances. I'm not looking forward to class. I'm clumsy and not a naturally sexual person. I kiss Prince. He notices my gym bag. "Do you have a date with Jasper?" He teases.

"No, Grace insisted on us going to striptease class," I reply.

Now he looks interested. "Oh? Does that mean you'll have something to show me tonight?"

I laugh. I almost say something self deprecating, but opt for something sexier. With a smile I say"I might, if you're lucky"

He kisses me and says," Goodbye Beautiful" I wink at him on my way out. I've noticed he's gone back to complimenting me. Must be Annette got to him.

Grace is waiting for me outside. We're driving to class together. "What shoes are you bringing?" Grace asks before we leave.

I pull out a pair of four inch heels that I wear to parties and such.

Grace shows me her intimidating stripper heels. "You should've bought a pair of these."

"So I can fall on my ass?" I laugh

Grace turns on my car radio. It's playing Prince's newest single-the sexy love song he wrote about me! It's become a hit and it is causing the album to go up the charts. "You are a very sexy woman, " she says,"You inspired a man to write THAT."

"I don't think of it that way."

"Maybe you should."

We get to class at the gym we go to and who do we see in the locker room? Prince's ex, Gloria! I have no idea why we're both here. "Grace! That's Gloria the stalker! "I whisper.

Grace scoffs,"Yeah, she's skinny but no way she was 'swimming' in Prince's shirt. It probably fit about right. She was just messing with you."

"We should leave."

"Like Hell we will! You're going to go out there, be the sexy bitch Prince sees you as and you're not going to look at her or give her the time of day!"

"I don't know how to be a 'sexy bitch'"

"Remember when I'd practice stripping at our apartment? That's how it's done. Flip your hair around. Make sexy faces.Smile a lot. Work that ass. Imagine Prince is the only one there and you're giving him a private show. "

"I guess I could try."

I 've got on the lowest heels in the class and am wearing my sweatpants and a workout shirt . I feel awkward. Gloria is wearing super short shorts, a skimpy camisole and stripper heels. Grace and her bright ideas.

The class starts. I can see Gloria in the mirror. She's really good at stripping. I try my best but I don't feel like I'm getting the moves right and I feel silly. Wow, Gloria is really going for it. I think she's trying to make me feel like shit. What a whore. I'm not even going to try to upstage her. She's got the body and knows how to move it. It's all I can do not to cry. I notice Jasper looking in the window of the door to this room. He's giving me a big smile and a thumbs up. It makes me feel a little better even though I'm embarrassed he saw me. I try a little harder after he leaves the window. Finally the class ends.