See you soon

You spent the remaining days and nights along Ben's side. The two were inseparable. You just had to be with him, feel his touch and hope that this wasn't just a one in a life time thing. Each and every night you went to sleep embraced in his hugs with the miserable thought lingering in your head.

It was your last day there, the cruise was approaching its final destination. You held onto Benedict's arm as he walked at a slow place to nowhere.

"I can't believe this is our last night here," you solemnly said. He gradually came to a stop and faced you, "[Y/n] I want to keep seeing you. These two weeks have been amazing, you've been a wonder. I need to keep seeing you after this trip." He held your hands in his.

You let out a sigh of relief, "I want the same, but there's just a slight problem. I live in Cardiff not London." He placed his forehead on yours, Ben gazed down to your eyes, "Screw the distance, I want you by my side and I will have you by my side," he said with a soft tone.

You let go of his hands to wrap them around the back of his neck. He placed his on your hips and leaned in for a tender kiss. After a few minutes you continued to silently walk.

***

The next day you were in a hurry to pack and have everything ready to depart from the cruise. There was no downtime to go in the pool one more last time. It would take hours for you and Ben to be together again.

After the hustle was over, you and Claire awaited Tom and Ben at a café near the dock. Everyone had agreed to meet there to say at least one last goodbye before eventually meeting each other again.

You sat down across from Claire and scrolled through your phone, you felt to large hands being placed on your shoulder. "I missed you," rang the baritone voice.

You reached your hand up to your shoulder without breaking your gaze from your phone, "I missed you too," you intwined your fingers with his. He sat himself in the seat next to yours.

You feverishly typed away on your phone. Ben gave Claire a concerned look, you had this tension in your muscles typing every word. "Is everything alright darling?" he placed a hand on your back.

You lifted your gaze, "Uh yes, just.. trying to figure out when we leave Miami." Ben knitted his eyebrows, "You're not leaving today?" You sorrowfully shook your head.

"We'll stay," Ben tried to comfort you. "Ben, as much as we'd love to stay we have Letters Live," Tom said. "Yeah but that's in 3 days," Ben attempted to find a way to stay. "Ben it's okay, we'll be fine. We're staying with her parents," you caressed his cheekbone with your thumb.

"Our plane leaves in 3 hours, we have to be at the airport in an hour. Traffic here is horrid, I suggest we get moving," Tom said. Ben gave him an annoyed look.

"So soon?" you conjured a downhearted smile. "I'm so sorry darling, according to mum over here we've got to go." He nuzzled your nose with his, "I'll text and call you when we board and arrive, promise." Ben gave you a kiss.

Everyone got up from the table and gave lasting hugs. You were saying your goodbyes. While waiting for the taxi to arrive you held onto Benedict for dear life. After a few minutes Tom called for Ben. "I'll miss you, see you soon," Ben grabbed your cheeks and connected his lips with yours in a passionate kiss.

Ben unwillingly left your side and entered the taxi downheartedly. You felt a weight in your chest and tears prickle your eyes. Claire went up to you and held you in an embrace, "You'll see him soon, don't worry." She attempted to comfort you.

Tears soaked her shirt as you whimpered in her hug. "Why didn't you tell him we were going with your family?" she asked while brushing your hair out of your face.

"Are you kidding me? I can barely sustain the idea they actually want to see me. I can't be inviting my.. inviting Ben and Tom to come along," you went back to your table. "You were going to say my boyfriend," Claire looked at you suspiciously.

"It was never officially," you stammered. "But you guys fucked, on a daily basis, and spent day and night together. What do you mean it's not official?" She kept her voice down. You lightly sighed, "He never asked." You could feel more tears building up.

To avert your thought from Ben, Claire talked about your family, "So will be seeing them today? Do I need to remind you they hate me?" You placed your hand on top of hers, "I'm sure they hate me too but I have to go see them."

**

After an hour of actually thinking about showing up at your parents house you stood on their porch. Music blasted from inside and voices could be heard from the backyard. They were having a party. Claire looked over at you with her pleading eyes, you mouthed a sorry and rang the doorbell.

You nervously swayed in place awaiting for a familiar face to open the door. "The pizza is here!" A feminine voice screeched as she opened the door. You fumbled with your fingers, "Uh, hi mom.." you timidly said.

The average sized women stood at the door, her hair was held back in a tail. "[Y/n], you actually came," her tone had a hint of disappointment. You swallowed harshly, a bump beginning to grow in the back of your throat, "Nice to see you too mom."

She looked to the side of you and rolled her eyes, "Great, just come inside." She left you and Claire standing in the doorway. "See I told you this was a bad idea!" Claire harshly whispered only audible to you. "Where's the pizza?" another familiar hoarse voice rang from the kitchen.

"It's just your daughter.. and her disgraceful friend," she attempted to whisper the last part but miserably failed. "What is she doing here?" he was obviously surprised. "I don't know if any of you remember, but you invited me to the house," you said agitated. Two kids shoved you as the ran to the backyard.

Everything seemed to spin, you felt your knees go weak and a sudden urge to regurgitate your previous meal. "Are you okay?" Claire held you by the arm. You sluggishly nodded your head. "[Y/n]? Is that you dear?" a friendly voice asked from behind you. You pivoted in place and saw your only caring family member.

Before any words were spoken you embraced her firmly in your arms. "C'mon honey, let's go outside," she patted your back and led you and Claire away from you bitter parents. You had left the suitcases in the living room. "I missed you so much Aunt Stacy," you whispered to her.

"I missed you too dear. Miami hasn't been the same since you left, it was the best decision you and Claire made. Getting away from the treacherous parents." You lightheartedly chuckled, "They're still the same, they haven't changed a bit." She scoffed, "They are unbearable, its truly horrid." This time you Claire laughed laughed, "There's no doubt in that."

"Let me go fetch you some drinks," your aunt departed from where the three were standing. After a few steps your friend worriedly looked to you, "You've said hi, they were dicks, can we leave now?" She was in a hurry to flee from there. You stood firmly and looked at the crowded backyard, kids splashing in the pool and adults sitting in lounge chairs.

"It already looks bad that I'm here, imagine what rumor they will come up with if I leave now," you said as you observed the family that never liked you. Your friend whimpered in frustration but swiftly simmered down as your Aunt Stacy approached with drinks. Your phone chimed as she was handing you your drink. She gave you a smirk as you answered to the text.

I'm boarding the plane now. Already missing you tons. Can't wait to see you again ~BC

You smiled down at your phone, Claire moved to your side and read the message along with you. "Ew, you two are too cute," she held your cup as you proceeded to reply a text. You only got to the first word before hearing the cracking voice of a 13 year old howl at you, "Welcome back you whore!"

He was across from the pool speeding your way. You never anticipated what happened next. Before you could think about it, the brat was pushing you and Claire into the pool. The first reaction was to save your phone but it got soaked along with you and Claire. Your body and head was underwater but that wasn't enough to muffle the sounds of your hateful family members.

"[Y/n]! Claire! Hang on, let me go get some towels," Aunt Stacy rushed in to get some dry towels. Without caring you sprinted out of the pool with your mascara running. You clicked the home button of your phone but only blackness was visible, "No, no, no, no." Your tears camouflaged with the pool water dripping from your hair.