Goodbye...forever

"Baby, hey. I'm right here. Look at me," Ben grabbed your face and made you look at him in the eyes, "You're ok. You're safe." You took a seat on his lap while he caressed your hair. "I promise you that you're ok," Ben gave you a small peck on your forehead. "I just feel awful, I left so fast and simple," you nipped at your bottom lip.

"You wouldn't have done it if you didn't want to. We talked about this already honey. I just need you to take a deep breath for me," Ben hugged you. You slightly sniffled against his chest. The last few days have been hectic, to say the least. After boarding off the cruise, Ben, Nathan and you had to get escorted out through a different exit because Jake was acting hysterically.

He refused to leave the ship until he was able to talk to you. You at least granted him that one last wish.

**

*Back on the ship*

"Why are you doing this? Is it because he has more money than I do? I don't believe anything of what he or you said last night. Nathan can't be his father for real," Jake paced the room you two were left alone in. "I'm not doing this because of money. I should've told you from the start and I'm sorry. I feel horrible for keeping it from you and for cheating on you," you sniffled. He didn't say a word back at you.

"It's like it happened 3 years ago to you. That one day you bumped into your ex and you kissed her. You figured it was a mistake and stopped," you decided to bring up the past. "That's what happened to me. He's the father of my son, I thought he used me, but I found out the truth of what actually happened. We kissed–"

"And fucked too," Jake menacingly stared at you. "Yes...but it got that far because I realized I still loved him. I didn't sleep with him to just do it. I wanted to tell you, but I couldn't do it in the middle of the ocean. What would you have done then? I know that you get crazy sometimes, to the point I have to lock myself in a room to be away from you," you took a step back because you say he was getting angrier by the second.

"Claire knew all things nice about you, that's why she liked you. I hid and tried to forget all the bad that comes along with you for the sake of our relationship and the sake of Nathan. Jake, it's over, you know it's been over for the past 6 months. I'm sorry for having to leave like this," you sniffled once more before starting to retrieve to the door.

"[Y/n], please tell me this is a joke. You're not actually leaving me. We can work this out. We've done it before. Please..," Jake lingered on his last word. You slowly shook your head, "This is our goodbye...forever," with that, you stepped out of the room and left a dumbfounded Jake.