Vampire Fun Facts

Thank you for reading my short story! This is not only based on what I feel would happen if I turned into a vampire, but also my own imagination. I hope you enjoyed it and spiced things up a little in the world of vampire stories. Here are some facts that will help explain how vampires live in the story.

1) Vampires are not spirits. They are physical creatures that can still operate like a human, only their bodily functions are slower. That is why they can still see their reflection in the mirror and lose weight.

2) They can drink blood from other vampires. The only problem is that it will leave the other vampire fatigued from blood loss. Vampires need blood because their bodies cannot produce blood as quickly as a humans, so it is essential that they acquire lots of blood and water into their system.

3) Since vampires do not have a normal pH balance, they may have a small allergic reaction to acidic substances. However, because the acidic mantle, or the protective layer of enzymes execrated from the skin - is still mostly intact, there usually are no problems when a vampire makes contact with acidic foods and materials such as iron.

4) When a human transforms into a vampire, their scent will change twenty-four hours or less. Physical appearances change gradually. Both changes are what make the individual more alluring as a vampire, in addition to the unearthly color of their eyes.

5) Vampires do not have to eat, but it is highly recommended in order to get the nutrients they need for their blood to be healthy and rich.

6) They have an increased sense of sight, hearing, and speed. This will be affected by how well the person maintains his or her body.

7) When people say vampires cannot enter someone's property without explicit permission, know that's just a myth here. Just like any other living creature, they can walk through someone's front door without asking. They simply do this as a practice of common courtesy.

I hope this makes it easier to understand the story. I went for a more realistic view on things rather than rely on the traditional myths. Sorry for all of the scientific facts too. I tried to sum it up the best I could, but let me know if you need clarification on anything. :) Until next time~