Chapter 2

AN: Thanks to SapphireAlena and ShadowsWithinMe for their support early on in this.

ShadowsWithinMe suggested sharing my testimony, which I'll do right now.

I was baptized as a baby in a Lutheran church my mother attended, and attended church from that time through high school.  Also went to Sunday School classes, volunteered at Vacation Bible school, was an acolyte at times, and did Confirmation. 

After leaving home for the dorms for the second year of college at San Francisco State University, I visited various churches in San Francisco (too many, honestly), and settled on Cornerstone SF.  I was involved in the Creative Arts group there, and helped man a video camera to record services.

At SFSU, I discovered and attended InterVarsity Christian Fellowship.  After graduating, I continued attending church through my years of working in animation.

However, I drank a bit too much at some of the parties of the animation crowd, to my embarrassment, and sinned in that regard.  After 9/11 and the layoffs, I moved to L.A. for three years and found a fantastic church called Christian Assembly.  Took part in volunteer work, retreats, and the like.  Once again drank a bit too much at a few work parties.

After returning to the Bay Area, I went back to Cornerstone, until moving to Walnut Creek, a city further from S.F.  I soon found North Creek Church, an amazing community of believers.I went on a retreat, volunteered on video camera, and attended the singles group for fellowship, Bible study, and volunteer work.

A year and a half ago, the housemate/business partner and family I've lived with the past eight years or so moved to Concord.  Though there is a church nearby, I've left town almost every weekend for personal space.  So I've only attended church for Easter since then.

I pray at meals, when going to bed, and other times when it seems right.  I read the Bible a bit, maybe twice a week.  I used to read daily, and attend church more regularly.

It's been a marathon.  There are some challenges. I hope to finish strong.   

On to the scriptures.  I'll just do NKJV for all these if that works:

James 1:5-8

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Ephesians 5:18-20

18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, 20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Colossians 3:2

2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

AN:  Well, on that note, it seems this writing is more popular than most of those random fanfics I wrote.  They have a little more interest on FanFiction.net.  That's fine.  Whatever God has planned works for me. 

The next chapter might cover the tough situation I was in.  Take care and thanks for reading.  God bless.