Chapter 3

A/N: Thanks for stopping in.  Not sure how often to update.  Or even exactly what to write.

But let's start with this:

Romans 5:3-5 (NKJV)

3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Romans 8:28-29 (NKJV)

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Glory in tribulations.  All things work together for good.  These can be difficult to grasp, considering what can happen in our broken world.

I've been punched in the face in a mugging, accidentally rammed my head into a metal hook once, and went through physical therapy after getting whiplash from a car accident.  But by God's grace, I bounced back physically each. 

Six and a half years ago or so, I got a concussion while on an amazing cruise ship vacation with some family (the trip was a gift from my late grandfather). 

Ironically, I never had trouble on a three week solo trip to Europe, but when sneezing in a reading area, I accidentally slammed my head into a chair's wooden backrest beside me.

A ridiculous accident that never should have happened.  But the result was two years of intense head pain.  When I tried painkillers, my senses dimmed, and I had more accidents.  There was dizziness, especially when laying down.  Money spent on a CAT scan to find out if anything serious had happened.  No health insurance for that mistake.

And when the pain was so bad that I wanted out for life, only utter dependence on God kept me going.  Went to biblical counseling at the amazing church down the street from me.

Eventually the pain shifted to my palate, where it's resided the past four and a half years.

I'm not sure if I'll ever be pain free, but this is far better than head pain.  And there's a chance of an oral surgeon helping if I get the money, or... something. 

If it's God's will. 

Patience. 

A/N:  Hope you enjoyed my thoughts.  Feel free to spread the word if you know someone else who might benefit from this.  Those first two years especially, were spent encouraging others and being encouraged.  God bless!