Four

"I have him in my sights, do you?" Pyre's voice comes through the earpiece. I reign in my emotions, trying to keep the surprise off of my face. This is going to take some getting used to.

"Yes," I hiss, glaring at him across the hall where he was standing at one of the tables, sipping some sort of drink. Even from this distance, I could just about see the laughing glint in his pine green eyes.

My attention returns to Mr.Casteel, and I see he's talking to a group of people. Maybe I could sidle up and blend in, then introduce myself. Here goes nothing.

"-and the donations are going to three different charities, Happy Homes, Breakfast For Everyone, and Janice's Kitchen," Casteel smiles, answering what was probably a question from what I assume is a reporter. She smiles, and the crowd nods in approval, a few claps can be heard. Mr.Casteel smiles gratefully.

"These charities wouldn't have made it if not for your help, Zane," A woman smiles adoringly at him. He flushes slightly.

"Not true, they would have helped just as many people, I'm sure, with such hardworking teams behind them," He says, beckoning the woman forward.

"I owe this lady here almost all of the credit for helping these charities," He says, and raises her hand and kisses it. I assume this is the girlfriend. She's pretty, with her auburn hair and bright blue eyes, her thin figure, and graceful posture. I could see why he took a liking to her, but she lacked something I couldn't put my finger on.

"My beautiful girlfriend, Veronica Bentley," Casteel announces, grinning widely from ear to ear. Veronica grins sheepishly, and a few questions are fired at her. She answers with a cool exterior, keeping her voice level and heard.

"She's pretty hot, you know," Pyre's voice comes through. I grit my teeth. "Might be some tough competition," He sing-songs, and I roll my eyes.

I needed a second alone with Zane if I'm going to get an in with him. As if reading my mind, the reporters pack up and move on, having got what they needed. Veronica was ushered away by a man with a bluetooth in his ear, saying something about errors in her speech. Zane is left alone with one guest, an older woman who was squeezed into a dress definitely not meant for her figure.

I sidle up to them and listen, trying to find an in into the conversation.

"-always loose the raffle, no matter how many tickets I buy," The older woman was saying, chuckling. "Everytime I go to one of these events I up the amount, but still, nothing," She laughs.

"I feel like tonight might just be your night, Mrs. Jasten, and thank you so much for your invaluable donations." Zane says, lowering his head in respect, and smiling politely at her.

"I didn't realize there's a raffle going on tonight,"I say, ramming myself into the conversation. Zane Casteel's brown puppy dog gaze snaps to my own bright blue one, and seems to stick for just a second too long. "I would have added another half million if I'd known," I smile.

"Oh dear, I fear the game is rigged," Mrs. Jasten stage whispers to me. We chuckle as Mr. Casteel rushes to save the situation.

"It really isn't," he says quickly, seeming to be talking to me more than the older woman. "It's pure luck, and really doesn't have anything to do with the amount of the donation." His cheeks burn slightly, and I turn my gaze to his.

"Really? I'll donate the half million anyway. Just in case," I wink, smiling lightheartedly. He seems to sense I'm joking and relaxes, smiling back at me easily.

"I thank you on behalf of each of those charities for you generous donations," Zane says. He holds out his hand, "I'm CEO of Olympus, Zane Casteel."