Chapter 2 ~ Confessing

I lightly pushed the door open to reveal the source of the noise. James was sat in his computer chair, frustrated as stared at his computer screen. He looked so cute when he's mad. I noticed that he didn't hear me walk in. I took it as my chance to have a bit of fun. I crept up behind, lightly putting one foot in front of the other. I sneakily got up behind him, without making any noise.

I bent down to his ear and whispered in a deep, soft voice.

"Hey James" 

He shot up out of seat, literally. I couldn't help but laugh at his sudden movement. I held on to the back of computer chair for support as I my other hand was on to my chest, feeling my heart thump against my rib cage..

"You asshole" He yelled at me. He was trying not to smile but I could see right through his act. 

I just laughed at him as I glanced at his computer screen, to see what he was frustrated with. I saw that he was trying to set up a game. 

"What the fuck is this?" I said, not recognizing the game.

"Some shit that I wanted you to play but I can't get it to fucking work" He yelled at the computer. I giggled. He's so adorable. 

The smile on my face soon faded when I remembered the reason I had came in here.

"Erm... James" I nervously spoke, trying to get his attention. 

He threw his arms up in the air, giving up on the game and spun around in his chair to face me.

"Yeah, what's up?" He asked. 

I nervously scratched the back of my neck. Come one, stop being such a pussy. 

"I need to tell you something" He didn't say anything just stared at me, telling me carry on. But my throat had suddenly gone dry and my hands were shaking. I quickly placed them in the pockets of my hoodie so that James won't be able to see how nervous I am. 

"So what do you need to tell me?" James asked, impatiently. He looked a tad bit worried. 

I bit my lip hard.

"James.... I-I" How should I tell him?. Should I ask him out on a date? How can I possible show him how I feel? Then it hit me. I can show him. 

"I want to do something. And if you don't like it, then I'm sorry" He looked at me confused.

He opened his mouth slightly to say something, but before the words came out I smashed my lips onto his. 

I felt his soft lips come in contact with mine. This is what I've been waiting for, this is what I've been longing. James didn't kiss back, but he didn't pull away either. I wanted him to kiss back. I wanted him to feel the same way. I wanted everything to work out. 

The kiss went on for a few seconds longer, he still hadn't kissed back. I slowly pulled away, preparing myself for rejection. I knew he wouldn't like me back. Why did I even bother? As soon as the connection broke I turned my head away from him. I didn't want to see his face. The face that always appeared in my dream. The face that I wanted to wake up next to every morning. 

"sorry" I muttered under my breath as I turned my body around to exit the room. 

Suddenly I felt him grasp my forearm, but I didn't turn to face him.

"Aleks, don't be sorry" What does he mean? He didn't kiss back. I slowly turned to face him. 

He was flustered. His cheeks were a bright pink and he had a drip of sweat on his forehead. I've never seen James like this. I looked at him surprised yet confused.