Chapter 3 ~ Explaining

I pulled up outside of mine and Eddie's apartment. I prepared myself for all questions that I will be receiving once I walk through the door. I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel, nervously. In less then 24 hours I'll be going on a date with James. A smile tugged at my lips. James kissed me. The feeling that spread through my body was incredible. The butterflies that fluttered in stomach as all  my strength left my body, allowing him to have full control over me. 

I heard a light tap on the passenger window, making snap back to reality. I quickly turned my head to see who the culprit was. 

Eddie was stood outside of the car, looking through the window. He had a small innocent smile on his face. The worry in his eyes clearly visible. I smiled back at him as a reached for the door handle. I climbed out of the car, shutting the door behind me. I slowly and nervously walked around the car. 

"Hey dude, we've you been? I've been worried" He said as we both walked to our apartment. 

"No where dude, just drove here from the office" I answered him, hoping he won't go any further with the conversation. 

"I've been worried since you and James didn't stream, what happened?" 

"Erm... James had a problem of some sort. He never told me what it was, just said it was personal" I couldn't look Eddie in the eye. He would know that I was lying. I kept my eyes forward and tried to act casual. 

I heard Eddie sigh.

"You know you can talk to me dude. About anything" I turned my head slightly towards him. 

He looked generally concerned. I guess it was obvious that something was bothering me. I guess I could tell Eddie something relating to the events that had just occurred. Maybe getting something off of my chest might help. I turned my head away again. 

"I-I need to tell you something, but you can't tell anybody" My voice was quiet.and slightly shaky. 

Eddie looked at me, worried about what could possibly be making me so nervous. We both arrived at the door. I didn't anything else until we were both entered the apartment. Eddie closed the door behind me as I walked over to the couch. I threw my body onto the couch, slouching in between the cushions. I closed my eyes as I tilted my head back into a more comfier position. I heard footsteps echo quietly through the room. I felt pressure push down the seat next to me.

"Aleks, what is it that you need to tell me?" I slowly opened my eyes to see the owner of voice. I sighed as I tried to think how I could tell him. 

"Eddie, it's just that... I'm kinda... I think I might be.... gay or bi. I don't know dude" I turned my head away as I spoke. 

"Aleks, you should know that I don't care if you like guys or girls or both" As the words exited his mouth a smile tugged at my lips. 

"I just don't know dude. I only like one guy so what does that make me?" A huge grin appeared on his face as I realized my mistake. 

"Alekssssss, who do you like?" I felt my cheeks heat up.

"I-It doesn't matter" The words quickly exited my mouth. 

Eddie nudged me, making me almost topple over, off of the couch. I straightened myself up, sitting up right. 

"Is it one of the creatures?" My eyes widened. If Eddie knew it was one of the creatures then that narrows it down to seven people. 

"No dude, of course not" I lied. I looked down at my hands hoping that he wouldn't be able to tell.

"Aleks" He placed his hand gently. "You know you can tell me" 

I considered telling him. It wouldn't be so bad telling him about James. But Eddie is bad at keeping secrets, he'll probably accidentally tell the rest of the creatures or even the fans. 

"Eddie, it's not any of the creatures so just drop it" The words came out a lot more harsh then intended.

Eddie looked at me disappointed as he slowly removed his hand from my shoulder. He tilted his head away from me. 

"Sorry" He muttered as he slowly lifted his body up off of the couch. 

Guilt started to take over my body. He was only trying to help. I quickly grabbed his forearm before he was able to exit the room. 

"I should be the one to say sorry. You're only trying to help and I know that" 

I felt his arm slowly slip out of my grip. I soon felt the pressure on my other shoulder as Eddie wrapped his arm around me. He pulled me into a hug.

"It's okay Aleks, you don't want to talk about it, I get that. I should be helping you and not forcing you to tell me anything. I'll always be here for you dude" I hugged him back.

"Thanks dude" I whispered. 

He pulled away from the hug but still kept his grip on my shoulders. He looked at me, one eyebrow raised. 

"It isn't me is it?" I looked at him confused. "You don't like me?" A laugh escaped my mouth.

"No dude, -I-It's not you" I managed to say through my laughing fit.

He removed his hands from my shoulders and crossed his arms. He turned his head away from me, pouting, pretending to be hurt. 

This made me laugh harder. My chest had began to hurt as tears began to fall down my cheeks. I placed my hand on Eddie's shoulder. 

"D-Dude, don't be like this" He turned his head to face, smirking.

"Well, am I not good enough for you?" 

"C-Come on dude. What would you have done if I said yes?" My laughter slowly came to halt as the words exited my mouth. Eddie started to stroke his chin, pretending to think. 

"Errrr... I would have said" His eyes darted at me as an evil smile appeared on his face. "Gimme dat ass" 

He pounced on me , knocking us both off of the couch. My back roughly hit the floor as Eddie toppled on top of me. Seeing the position we were in made me blush slightly. Maybe I am gay? I heard Eddie giggle as he pushed himself up so his body was no longer pressing against mine. Eddie slowly and carefully got to his feet. He brushed his pants and shirt down before turning to face me. A smile tugged at his lips as he stared down at me. 

"Dude, you're bright red" The small smile on my face soon faded. I quickly covered my face with my hands. 

"Aw dude, come on don't be like that" I spaced out my fingers so I could see.

A small smile tugged at Eddie lips as he held out his hand. I smiled back as I removed my hands grabbing his hand, heaving myself up. 

"Dude it's alright. Don't be embarrassed" I slightly nodded my head. "Remember, I don't care if you're gay or not" My throat went dry as the next words exited my mouth. 

"Eddie, I'm gay"