002

HERMIONE

"Twitchy little ferret, aren't you, Malfoy?"

Potions was something Hermione loved, only with every other subject that she took. Her time turner couldn't show anymore how much she dreamed of taking every class possible at Hogwarts.

However, the book in her hands nipped at her skin. A certain chapter was driving her mind into a hole as it made no sense. No matter how many times she read it over again, the words continued to jumble themselves into an even more confusing equation.

She closed the book and rubbed her eyes, hoping the rest of the world wouldn't confuse her. Luckily she wasn't as the school had returned to gossiping - as expected for their IQ levels. Words were swirling around each group, the same topic making its way into the headlines: 'Who will Draco take to the Slytherin Ball? My guess is on Pansy.'

Hermione hid a snicker behind her book as she clutched it to her chest, trying to ignore the juicy gossip that tried to drag her into its endless core. But luckily, Ginny Weasley came up to her side, holding the same disgusted look.

"How could such vile people get such attention?" Ginny asked, looking around the corridor as the words hung thickly in the air. "Come on, Malfoy? Seriously? There are more people to get excited over."

Hermione laughed and clutched the potions book closer to her chest. "I know, right? I don't know... that kid always gives me weird feelings."

"Is it the 'he-could-possibly-kill-me-and-eat-me-alive' feelings or the 'he-has-a-strange-and-mysterious-surroundings-that-I-am-dying-to-discover-and-love' feelings?" Ginny snorted and shook her head, obviously over-exaggerating the ideas.

However, Hermione was feeling a little bit of both. Draco did come across as dangerous and ruthless, drawing in only a specific type of person. the girls rarely gushed over him out of fear, but Hermione did find him rather intriguing. His life seemed much more interesting than her own as she came from a muggle family. She could only dream what it would be like to life in a magical world and around other magical people.

The clock-tower rung heavily and loud, instantly creating a stir in the corridor. Ginny turned to Hermione and glanced down at the book in her hand.

"Potions next or light reading?"

Hermione blushed and looked away sheepishly. "Bit of both."

Ginny laughed and nudged into her shoulder, giving a hopeful glance. "I've got Dark Arts, now. Ron has potions now which I'm not sure if you're in his class. But apparently he just remember that they're having a pop quiz." She shook her head disappointedly with her red locks bouncy around. Both Hermione and Ginny and every teacher at Hogwarts knew that it was the same for every subject that Ron took.

"Well, I'll be off. See you later."

Hermione waved her fingers in a farewell, and starting walking towards the library through the much deserted halls. Feeling safe, she reopened the book and glanced through the recipe, it somehow making a little more sense.

Around a corner, she thought she was alone, until she collided with someone else. The book onto the floor and she staggered back, gripping onto a column before embarrassing herself in front of the stranger.

"Sorry" she mumbled, leaning down to pick up the book. "I was trying get this potion and I guess I got a little caught up in my head."

She let out a raspy chuckle and straightened herself. When she looked up at the boy in front of her, she immediately lost the innocent act and let her smile drop into a frown. "Oh, it's you."

Draco chuckled and fixed his tie, trying to play it cool. "Nice to see you too, Granger."

Hermione rolled her eyes and clutched the book tight to her chest. "Sure, like you are glad to hear all the popularity around here about your stupid position as head boy" She growled at him as he took a step closer, and so he took it back with his hands in the air.

"I was voted on, and I can't take that away." he grinned at her wickedly, enjoying being in her presence. Fighting with her right there was enough to entertain, but he also thanked for the opportunity to talk to her. without it, he doubted he would've been able to say a word at all.

"That voting was based on fear" Hermione added. "You know, and so does everyone else at the school."

Draco did know that people were scared of him, it was one of his biggest flaws. People didn't do things for him out of kindness, but out of fear. Draco tried to be kind and at least be a normal teenager, but obviously it wasn't quite working out the way it should have.

Hermione saw his sudden change of persona as his eyes shifted darker. He kept the smirk but it fell by a millimetre. She struck a chord, but she couldn't shut down her walls and apologise to the boy who had caused so much drama for her and her friends.

Choosing to run, she side stepped Draco and headed off down towards the library. However, Draco's hand shot out and grabbed her wrist, looking deep into her hesitant eyes. They stood like that for a moment, too many thoughts running through their heads for them to understand alone.

"I never had a choice to be normal" Draco whispered, his steel eyes piercing straight into Hermione's. "If there was something to give up just for a day, I would jump at it without a chance."

The words fleeted inside Hermione's mind, realising that maybe she, along with a thousand or so other students, were gaining the wrong impression. She felt guilty about the whole misunderstanding, so much that she slowly remove her arm from his grip, and returned it to her book. Looking away, almost ashamed for it, she said, "Maybe you can go tell Pansy. You two are made for each other."

Authors Note:

Authors Note:

Second chapter where we introduce the one-and-only, Hermione Granger! (Well, obviously since you just read it). I know it's early to cause a fight between the the two but as most of us are aware of is that those two do NOT get along... Well, at the moment as this is a #Dramione story and they most likely will get together... Maybe!

I can't spill too much when we haven't even barely made it to the fifth chapter! But hush, young ones. There is more to come and my plan is to make it as many chapters as I can!

I take requests for plot twists or what you would like to see in the future! Just comment an idea or tell me via Direct Message and I'll put it in and Dedicate the chapter to you, with thanks for the help!

Don't forget to fave, comment, share, add to your library and follow me for updates, and enjoy!

xX Matilda Xx