003

DRACO

"You're going to regret this... you and your bloody chicken!"

Hermione escaped Draco with the final words stinging like listening to mandrake without ear-muffs. The echo was still there, bouncing around in his mind, leaving the wound fresh and open. Seeing her guilty and not do anything about it, was like rubbing salt into the searing flesh.

He would have casted her off by making the rest of her year a living hell, and yet he sought any reason or hatred to do so. He still felt curious and drawn towards her bold-yet-humble personality, and this specific encounter only increased his desire.

And so, Draco followed her where her silhouette tucked herself into a corner of the library where hovering and moving books hid her away. Draco wanted to go in and talk to her more, but he felt as if she had dealt with him for long enough.

He made his way back through the bookcases, dodging the hard covers that seemed to aim for his head. Luckily, being a quidditch player, he managed to make it through alive. Along the way, a book on top of a short pile caught his eye. He grabbed it off, flicked it over to the cover to see that it was the book in which Hermione had her nose buried in.

Skimming through the pages, each potion seemed complicated and grim – something that would definitely please a challenging thinker likes Hermione's. Each potion held ingredients that seemed impossible to collect and would take days-on-end to complete.

Most of the methods jumbled up in his head and were difficult to follow. He was no potions master like Snape, but he did recall seeing Hermione acting rather puzzled towards a specific one when she was sitting and bumping into people.

With his mind being sore from just reading the methods, he threw the book back into the pile and strolled off, rubbing his temples as if trying to forget his questions thanks to the darned book.

The Slytherin Common Room was quiet on the afternoon, as most people were out studying, hanging around in their dormitories, or roaming the ground of the village or Hogwarts. Either way, he was alone with no one to bother him.

He threw a silver ball between his hands, it hitting hard in his palm and causing a metallic 'clink!' to echo from his bones. It was calming to Draco, as he began to finally ponder on the Slytherin Ball and what to do for it all. He was allowed to consult professors to help and prior heads of houses to ensure he wasn't copying any others. But no matter how important the entire event meant, he was too distracted by the subject on who to take.

Every person in the school held hopes or destined it to be Pansy, but Draco refused. Hearing that name or even the small mention of him taking her would cause him to glare at them, ending their annoying hushed tones.

Crabbe and Goyle entered into the Common room and took the seat opposite him, slouching back and awaiting Draco's commands. Draco ignored them though, looking off towards the doorway where a group of girls were scuttling past, throwing a quick glance at him.

"What if I said I don't want to take Pansy?" Draco asked distantly.

Crabbe and Goyle shifted in their seats, leaning towards Draco bafflingly. They both shared a telepathic look that Draco caught, immediately growing impatient.

"What the bloody hell are you two saying? Spit it out already."

Crabbe felt guilty keeping it from Draco, and instead blurted it out without Goyle's consent.

"If you're not going to take Pansy, then you won't be able to take anyone else" he said, recoiling once the truth was out in the air.

Draco was as shocked as Crabbe and Goyle, but Draco also foretold that someone would say it. After Hermione making it clear that no one was particularly fond of him, he feared the worst that whoever he asked, they would instantly say no out of terror, or even feel pressured to say yes.

Draco blinked blankly at them, and leaned back saying, "Yes, I figured that out."

The two opposite him shared another confused glance with each other, until it was Goyle's turn to ask the mind-boggling question: "Then who are you going to ask?"

Draco smirked and rose, strolling over to the fire place, continuing to throw the ball between his hands with the same soothing echo. "Hermione Granger."

Authors Note:

Authors Note:

Short, sweet and hints at the beginning of his goals! There is more to come and longer chapters, so do not fret. Just sit back and enjoy.

Don't forget to fave, comment, share, add to your library and follow me for updates and Enjoy!

xX Matilda Xx