017

DRACO
"You're at my mercy..."

Draco's eyes were crusty and his mouth felt dry, but the taste of Hermione was still there. They had spent many hours lying on the Slytherin couch, sharing kisses and body heat as the cold bit at their skin. But suddenly, being woken from a peaceful slumber, Draco felt the urge to go see Dumbledore in his quarters.

Hermione was in his arms, snuggled into his chest with his cloak around her shoulders, leaving Draco in his unbuttoned white blouse and trousers. Her eyes were humbly closed and her breathing was quiet and smooth. Seeing her resting struck chords in his heart, and he welcome them with open arms.

However, the beautiful sight was to be left as Draco placed another blanket upon the lonely Hermione, but swore to return to her side as soon as his mission was complete.

Finally looking presentable, Draco found himself entering Dumbledore's quarters with his drowsy eyes and only the smallest bit of bed-hair evident. He tried his hardest to calm down his speedy heart, but it was a lot harder than he thought.

"Draco" Dumbledore greeted, offering a seat to him. But he declined, and preferred to stay standing. "You're night was successful and so I would like to thank you for it all. I believe it was the best one in many, many years."

"Thank you" Draco replied.

"I am aware of the situation with the ring, however." Draco paled, but kept his stance. Dumbledore felt his change in comfort. "You are not in trouble, Draco. In fact, you are successful within that area. I gave the rule to give it to her before the first dance, in which you did not do. But, you gave it to her alone under the full moon with one strong aspect being shared between the two of you. Can you tell me what that aspect is?"

Draco did not understand what he was asking at first, but soon felt the answer as if an arrow from cupid had ploughed him in the heart. The impact was so strong, that he couldn't reply, and instead ran out of Dumbledore's quarters and straight back to the Slytherin Common Room.

The sofa was empty, but Hermione held his cloak around her body closely by the fireplace, watching the flames flicker with power and warmth. Her hair floated around to her shoulder as her eyes met his, and a smile materialised onto her lips.

Within a breath, Draco had her in his arms, eyes staring deeply into her eyes. They caught him in the moment as no words were enough to describe the connection between the two.

"Draco..." Hermione searched his face for clues, but soon stopped as Draco spoke loudly and strongly.

"Hermione Granger, I love you."

A/N

A/N

The official declaration is here and it's so adorbs! 

Now, This is the final chapter and it is very short but sweet. I just want to thank any of the users who have followed this from their hatred to their love! I owe it all to all of you readers and thank you for willing attitude to taking on my Fanfic!

Here's the question of the Day so comment what you think!:

What is something that you have said you'd never do, but ended up doing it (and possibly  even loving it) in the end?

Mine is that when I was younger, I promised to never get my licence and instead, ride my horse into town for groceries, work, school, etc. But now I am applying for my licence.... 

Love,

Matilda