Chapter 2: A Message

Ding! said Julian's phone with a little buzz. He picked it up, swiped across and once again, his mouth fell open.

  "It's that little minx of a Jo, I presume?" George said with a frown.

  "Not only has she accepted my friend request that I sent this morning, but she's PM-ed me to ask if we can meet up! She lives in Jaywood Avenue!"

  "Brilliant. So she's not only going to cyber-stalk us forever more, but she's been living down the road for the last thirty years. Absolutely brilliant." growled George. Timothy opened one eye to check that his mistress hadn't turned into a girl-sized rabbit, but then shut it once he realised she was still human.

  "She's not that bad, George!" Richard objected.

  "Well, you would say that, wouldn't you-"

  "Don't let's have a repeat of this morning, George. Please?" pleaded Anne.

  George scowled but said nothing.

  "What should I do? Should I say yes?"

  "Oh, do." Anne said "She was quite fun, I recall. Wasn't she related to some of those fair-folk that we met at Faynight?"

  "Anything to please the little sister, of course." joked Julian.

  "What about anything to please the cousin?"

  "Oh, George! Surely you can keep a civil tongue in your head for once?" sighed Julian. "And anyway, that was a play on the old phrase 'Anything to please a lady.'"

  "So?"

  "Are you implying that you wish to be seen as a lady? I must tell Aunt! And Uncle Quentin!"

  "All right, you've proved your point." 

  "Good. Now, I'll just compose a reply to her and get back to you with the finer details. Is that all right with everyone? Good."