Chapter 15

Danielle

~ 4 Months Later ~

After a few months of signing on to Young Money, things really starting going well for me. Take Care really made me popular and I started getting a lot of fans. They love my dancing, and the amount of members at my dance studio increased rapidly. I enjoyed singing, but I preferred my dancing career over it.

My relationship status changed also. ;) A couple weeks after I told my past to Chris, we began dating. It was one decision that I do not regret making. I even moved into his house.

"Baby," Chris called me from our bedroom bathroom. I was in the mirror combing my hair.

"Yeah?" I replied, putting the comb down and checking over my outfit. I wore a long, colorful sun dress with sandals.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked walking in with nothing but a towel on.

"Yeah, but it don't look like you're ready. Hurry up, you take WAY too long," I said watching him as he looked for clothes to put on.

"No I don't, you be the one checking yourself in the mirror every five seconds. Plus, you should be enjoying the view right now," Chris replied cockily rubbing his 8-pack.

"Boy, get out of here," I gently pushed his chest and went to find a purse that matched my outfit.

Chris and I were getting ready to go to his mom's house. She loved me as if Chris had married me, and I loved going to her house.

Once we got there, she opened the door and smiled.

"Dani you look as beautiful as I did when I was your age," She said before hugging and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

She then went to Chris. "You look so much like your father boy. I bet he would be so proud," She hugged and kissed him on the cheek.

"Ma, no he wouldn't."

"Yes he would. He loves you. Even though he made some bad decisions in his life, it doesn't mean that he doesn't still think about his son."

"If he really did care, he wouldn't have hurt you. I don't care what his excuse is."

"Hey! Let's not argue. We came over to have a good time, and not to sit here and debate about the past. Let's just drop this subject and move on to a better one." I spoke up.

"She's right. We do need to stop." Chris replied.

"I had something to tell you guys anyways," Chris' mom said changing the subject.

"What is it?" Chris asked.

"I have a boyfriend. I invited him to dinner with us. I figured he needed to meet his family. We've been going out for a while now and he even proposed. I don't know if I want to go that far yet though,"

"W-What!?" Chris jumped up. "You have a boyfriend? No! He shouldn't have been invited to dinner with us! He's not apart of the family! Why are you even dating at this age?" Chris exclaimed.

"Christopher Maurice Brown! You are out of line! You don't even know him! How could you say such things?! And I'm a grown woman, I can do what I want!"

Then, there was a knock on the door. Chris' mom got up and unlocked the door.

Outside stood a tall, late forties or early fifties aged man. He smiled at Chris' mom, hugged her and pecked her lips. Chris' mouth dropped, and before he could get up and confront him, I grabbed his arm.

"Like she said, Chris, she's grown. You can't stop her from having a relationship."

Chris looked at me, and eventually sat back down and watched as she invited him in and brought him over to us.

"This is my son Chris, and here's his girlfriend Danielle. This is Anthony."

"Hi," Chris said with his jaws clenched. He stood up and extended his arm for a handshake.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you. I've heard so much about you," Anthony replied. He seemed really nice.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you," I said giving him a small smile. He returned one, shaking my hand then kissing it.

"It's nice to meet you too."

"Alright, so it is getting around that time. Chris why don't you and Dani go set the table in the dining room, while Anthony and I make finishing touches on the food."

"Yes ma'am," I replied for both Chris and me.

I grabbed Chris' hand and walked into the dining room.

"Chris, what was that back there?" I asked once we were far enough for them not to hear.

"She doesn't need him."

"I understand your point. You want to be the only man in her life. It's a mother-son thing, I know. But she still has the choice to be in a relationship. The only thing that you need to know is that you will always have a special place in her heart where no other man fits," I explained to him.

He looked at me and processed it all. He sighed after a moment. "You're right," He finally said.

We set up the rest of the table in silence. I was guessing that he was thinking about his mom and her new boyfriend. I knew if I was him, I would feel the same way.

When the food was finally ready, and Chris' mom and boyfriend came inside with plates of food, Chris' mood had changed completely. He wasn't angry anymore, but he wasn't really happy either. I couldn't explain his emotions.

As we ate, it was kind of awkward and silent at first. No one was talking, and I guess it was because Chris' mom thought that Chris was still angry. Finally, though, Anthony spoke up.

"So Chris, tell me a little about yourself. What is your career?"

"I'm a professional singer and I dance a little too."

"And what about you Danielle?"

"Pretty much the same, I just think dancing comes first."

"Oh okay."

Until everyone was almost done with eating, Chris' mom didn't say anything.

"Look, I have another confession to make..." She started.