2.When you're lookin' like that

Kaleidoscope of memoirs : Reflections

"Shonaa! Mujhe rona aaraha hai."(I feel like crying!)Laksh whined,as the hair stylist wrapped his body from shoulder with a piece of cloth.He had to go to the men's salon for chopping off his hair following their classes as Dhruv had reminded him again about "the task" during the lunch break. Swara and Nikhil tagged along, to give him moral support.

" Such a crybaby you are, whining as if someone have stolen your favourite candy. Arey! Don't start again, yaar. My ears are almost bleeding 'cause of you. Think about me too. I still can't decide should I laugh at you, cry over our shitty day or shout in anger?"

"Wow! Perks of having a crazy girl as your BFF. Lucky is so lucky!Do one thing. Start your Bharatanatyam or Bhangra over here. "Lucky said sarcastically as he swivelled around his chair.

Nikhil adjusted his glasses and and started, "Oye! Stop calling my sis crazy. And what's the fuss about your hair, huh? They were actually being thoughtful, if you ask my opinion. At least you'll look decent, not like a punk the way you do right now. And why you had to be so adamant about that song? Pehle din se hi unn logon se panga lene ki kya jarurat tha? "(What was the need to take a dig at those people at the very first day?)

"You phattu(coward)!Scaredy cat! Don't make me open my mouth."Laksh seemed angry, "I'm not hypocrite like you, got it? My words are my oath and I mean them. Now you're showing so much love for your sister! What were you doing, when that Sanskar..."

"SHUT UP. Woh naam mat le Lucky. (Don't utter that name Lucky!)"Swara's eyes were spitting fire, "Bloody rogue! Ullu ke patthe!(Son of an owl!) Stupid monkey face! Because of him my first day at college was a nightmare."

"Aww! Nicknames for him already,haan? Not bad! But seriously, you always had a long queue of admirers behind you. What's the big deal? At least this guy can match you in hotness." Laksh smirked and grinned in a teasing manner.
" Saara zamaanaa.. (All around the world)
Haseenon ka deewana... (Are craze for pretty gals)
Shona kahe phir kyun... (Then why say you, Shona )
Bura hai dil lagaana!(It's crime to fall in love!)Ouch!" He sang in his horrible voice when Swara hit him with a hair brush .

"Et tu Brutus?Here I was mourning over the impending death of your hair and you're making fun of me?"Swara said angrily, her arms were crossed against her chest.

"Sorry yaar! To tell the truth I'm a bit grateful.Because of him I was saved from singing that disastrous song. Behna!(Sisters)Ewwww!!" Laksh shuddered,

"Grateful my foot!You'll eat your words tomorrow when your dreamgirl will escape after watching  your almost shaved head. Aur Mera bhai Phattu?(And you call my Bro coward?) What are you ? Superhero?Oh puh-lease! As always this Swara  Singhania was the one to come to your rescue from those jerks. "Swara tauntingly replied.

"Don't remind me again yaar!Main loot gaya, barbad ho gaya. I'm finished!It's all over!)My hair, Shona! MY HAIR! I'll definitely  look like a joker tomorrow. "Laksh again started to whine.

Swara was furious on those guys. She was very protective of her best friend since their high school days. She could get the cause of his aversion. When she and her cousin Nikhil met him for the first time during their 5th grade, Laksh was a shy, studious boy with big glasses and cropped hair. He often got bullied a lot, and Swara due to her inherent nature turned to be his saviour and later best ever buddy.  During 8th grade, the bullying got worse. Some boys who were jealous of Laksh for his friendship with Swara, physically assaulted him and mocked him in front of whole school. He was deeply traumatised from the event. Since then Swara had taken the charge of his grooming , turning him into a  dashing youth.