3.Cutie Pie

Kaleidoscope of memoirs: flying without wings

Last few days Sanskar was in a bad mood, he was losing his cool for the tiniest reasons or for no reason at all. His friends were getting irritated with his mood swing. The long queue of blushing girls nowadays irked Sanskar a lot. Rohan could guess the reason, Swara had successfully managed to avoid their path. He had enough of Sanskar's tantrums. If this goes on one more day, he would have to kidnap Swara from anywhere... for their own peace of mind!

Fortune was surely in the favour of Rohan today, for God saved him from turning into a criminal. Much to his relief, after college time had been over, he noticed Swara, waiting in the parking lot. He immediately called Sanskar. "Hey, you angry young man! Come to the parking lot if you want to see your dream girl . I know you're in foul mood 'cause you had been missing her these days. I hope at least now you'll spare us from your torture,cranky Sanky!"

Sanskar started towards the parking lot as soon as he received the call. His frown in eyebrows had turned into twinkling happy gleam, yet he answered in a mock anger, "Keep your know-it-all attitude to yourself, Mr Rohan Malhotra! Who told you I was missing her? You called me for nothing, I'm not coming. Bhaag waha se!" (Just go away from there!)

"Aww, are you shy Sanky?Do you want some privacy?" Rohan teased his friend to his heart's content. Then he faked anger, "Saale! Main tujh jaisa kamina insaan aj tak nahi dekha.(I haven't seen such a rascal like you till date.) What to do,the word called 'gratitude' doesn't even exist in your dictionary! Fine, I'm going! But you owe me one."

Sanskar shook his head smilingly. Why was he suddenly feeling so light just at the mention of her presence near him? Moreover why everything around him had appeared so annoying, when she was nowhere to be seen? This was something new for him. He couldn't explain the burst of joy his heart experienced when he could see her standing in the parking lot,tapping her feet impatiently.

"Hi Shona!Where were you these days? I hope you weren't missing your classes?"Sanskar's face was beaming with 100 watt smile.

"That's none of your concern." She returned his lopsided grin with a scowl." Wherever I was, at least I didn't have to tolerate you."

"Sshh! Tum bahut jaldi hyper ho jati ho."(You get hyper too soon.) He stepped a bit towards her but she moved away, "See? Still you are trying to burn me with your glare. Senior hone ki naate mere kuch farz banta hain... (As a senior I have few duties towards you.) I have to watch out for you... I mean for all of my juniors... Hai ki nahin?(Isn't it?)You just ask, I can manage your notes in no time, in case if you've missed any classes."

"Did you ask Nikhil or Lucky too?For your kind information they also missed classes....Aww how caring you are! We, the juniors are so lucky! Such a caring big brother like you..."her eyes sparkled with a naughty glint when he looked like his pants caught on fire. "Oye! I'm not anyone's brother ! Especially not for you!"he seemed aghast, "I'll never allow anyone else to tie rakhi around my hand except Uttara, okay?"

" Huh! Like I'm dying to waste a rakhi on you!"She rolled her eyes, though inwardly she found the situation hilarious. Sanskar was looking just like a cute 3 year old kid, whose candy had been snatched. Shit!Had she just thought him cute ?

As if hearing her thought Sanskar smirked, "Why don't you simply confess that you don't want to waste your chance with the great Sanskar Maheshwari? Akhir main hoon hi aisa! (At the end of the day, I am just like this!) Charming... dashing... handsome..."He was standing very close to her, his last words came out barely as whisper. Swara shivered a little, but quickly covered up. "In your dreams, Mr Narcissus! By the way don't you get tired with your name? Itna bada naam bol bolke thakte nehi ho kya?"(Don't you get exhausted by telling such a long name on a regular basis?)