5. Everything I do (I do it for you)

Kaleidoscope of memoirs: She was the light of many lives

"Lucky, tell Nikhil I'm leaving. Maa is waiting for me." Swara scampered across the parking lot to reach her red scooty. "Meghu, jaldi kar.(Hurry up!) I don't have all day  in my hand."

" Haan baba, thoda saans toh lene de!(Let me take a breathe, girl!)" Meghna, a chubby girl with short curly hair and nerd glasses was struggling to catch up. " What's the hurry? You're running as if some goons are chasing you."

Laksh who had just taken a large gulp from his can of Cola,without any warning bursted into laughter, splattering brown liquid from his mouth. Meghna who had almost reached her finish line aka near Swara's scooty had got all that liquid splashed on her face. Amazing winning prize indeed!

" Err, Meghu... Happy Holi!" Laksh bit his tongue looking her angry Vesuvius look and as always gave his sheepish smile. It was his typical "blunder maker " expression. Swara on the other hand had to pinch herself to refrain from laughing.

"Eww Lucky! What was that? Yuck!" Meghna let the entire content of her water bottle flowing over her face. Her hands as a response launched a series of punches aiming his face, " Happy Holi? All happiness will be gone when I'll knock off all your teeth. Bohot hasi aa raha  tha na?(You find it so funny, huh?)"

"Aah Meghu! I was not laughing at you, I promise!" Laksh used his hands to protect his 'handsome' face, "Woh Shona-"

Meghna stopped, getting the smell of  a good story,"Shona? Naya koi...(Is there someone new...)" Laksh's mischievous smile was back again as he looked at Swara, "Smart gal! Meghu, you were telling na, our Shona is in great danger. You know ,not any petty goon, she has a vicious robber running after her life... AHA! Speak of the Devil, and he is here."

Sanskar was seen coming towards the parking lot with hasty long strides. Rohan, Advik and Dhruv were a little behind from him. His eyes sparkled as they found what they were looking for. His trademark killer smirk was back.

"Sanskar Sir?" Meghna look puzzled.

"Ohho, for us, he is big Bro! For Shona...well... Ouch! " This time Swara smacked her head but Laksh continued his teasing session anyway, "Hopeless Romeo! He has been following her these days like a lovesick puppy . "

"I'm sparing you today. BUT... It's not over Lucky. And you Meghu! Ask your news agency to drop you home. Don't expect any help from me today. " Swara stomped her feet and sped away with her scooty. Getting away from that hot trouble was on the top of her priority list, rather than getting back at Lucky, the idiot.

"Shona, stop! YOU TRAITOR!" Meghna shouted till she couldn't find her anymore.

"Kya Sanky, aaj bhi tu uss ki piche bhagega kya?Kya fayda? (What Sanky, are you going to run after her today too? What's the use?) Everyday she manages to dodge you, you fool." Advik looked clearly annoyed, "Are you planning to do like this forever? You even don't join our outings nowadays. She's not your girlfriend, yaar(friend)! Yet! "

Sanskar was less bothered what he was saying. Instead he blocked the way of Laksh, who was trying to sneak away. " My dear little bro, will you tell me, where your best friend can go?"

"I'm telling you, Bhaiya!" Meghna called from his back. A mischievous glint was there in her eyes, thinking about the perfect payback she had planned.

============================

"Ma, I'm here. Now you can take Baba for checkup. " Swara entered inside the neatly arranged interior of "Papyrus", a small bookstore around the corner of the street in south-east side of Juhu. Her bright smile, cheery voice, jangling melody of her silver anklets hushed the buzzing sounds from the book seekers. Gauri hugged her sunshine with all her motherly love.