6. Crazy little things called love

Kaleidoscope of memoirs: Meet the parents

Have you ever been to Super Bowl ceremony? Or a world cup final match? If yes, then you would have imagined the bouts of roars, cheers and wacky beats, and how they were ruling over Sanskar's poor shackled heart. After all he was about to step into his Shona's bedroom, the angel's cove.

The road to her room was not so smooth, not any less tough than some adventurous treasure hunt.

Round one: tackle the guards.

Round two: convince the housemaid Nilu that he was not some psycho loitering after their precious "Baby ji".

Round finale: meet Sharmila Singhania, Swara's inquisitive mom and face the enquiry commission for long fifteen minutes. Indian parents and their neverending string of questions!

"Naya dost? Naam kya hai tumhara?" Sharmila Singhania was surveying the fine young man before standing before her eyes; impatience clearly etched over his face. "You're not her year mate, are you?"

"No Aunty, I'm her senior." Sanskar looked flustered. Uff, parents and their enquiry commission! "I am Sunny, 4th year, civil engineering."

"Oh, then you met her through Lucky, right? He is in the same department." Sharmila's face had a genuine smile, all suspicion were gone. Like every secret Swara and Laksh used to share their friends and foes as well. This new guy might be latest addition to their friend circle.

Sanskar smiled inwardly. Yes, she was so right. He found his wild cat through Laksh, but not as a friend of him! Heck, Sanskar didn't even know Laksh was in the same department as him.
It was funny indeed. Sanskar owed his own lucky stars and Lucky for summoning that stubborn angel, the love of his life.

Yes, finally Sanskar Maheshwari had fallen in love with Swara Singhania.

Only her thoughts ruled his unruly mind, when he was standing in front her mother! "Or my prospective mom-in-law!" his heart did a happy dance as that idea hit him.

Sharmila was about to accompany him to Swara's room but Sanskar always had better ideas and better strategy.

Just he had to tell he was starving and squeal in excitement how much he had heard about the magic created by her inside the kitchen.

Sharmila was overjoyed like every other woman. No one had ever appreciated about her culinary skills this much, not even Rishabh, the man who was a sorry excuse for a husband.

Swara, on the other hand was tired of staying on the same place,on the queen size bed of her bedroom painted in pale pink and purple. She longingly glanced at the full length window of her room which was hidden behind the heavy matching drapes. She dragged herself out of the bed, by placing her hand on the bed side table. However her head protested vehemently, she swooned, the rug under her sprained leg got misplaced. She was about to hit herself harder this time; she hissed in pain, shut her eyes really tight and yelped in fear.

"Careful!"

Swara found herself caged inside two warm,caring, almost known arms. Those arms who once held her for supposed protection of himself during their scooty ride, now they, in turn were protecting her.

And Sanskar had intention of doing this forever.

He experienced these earth shattering moments twice, once when he thought she was no more and at present, when she was about to get hurt in a severe way, that too in front his eyes.

First time he could realise she had become the one for him, he couldn't do without her.

And now, he know he couldn't afford to let her go, or let her break down anyway.