Chapter-32.

Around 8-10 chapters to go and then I will wrap up this story. 

*phew*  I said it! xD 

Anyway, hope you like it. :D 

-----------------song- You are too good to be true. (Frank Valli and the 4 season)---------------------

*Thanksgiving dinner.* 

‘’DO SOMETHING! We are not staying the night in this jail.’’

Remember the time when I said in T.G.I.F that Ben was scary when he was angry? Well, it was nothing compared to what he looked like right now. Scary doesn’t even begin to describe it, and even the cop flinched slightly.

‘’You very well are, for the night.’’ The older cop said, his back was to me and pushed Ben against the wall, ‘’and if you don’t just suck it up, I have better things to set you straight.’’ He nudged Ben even further and I cringed at the sight, since all of us were handcuffed there was nothing we could do, ‘’you get me, son?’’ The cop asked in a lower tone.

Ben gave a curt nod and the cop pushed him inside lockup and removed the handcuff. The same process was done for the all of us, until the five of us of were locked up in the small cell. Looking at each of their faces the supposed excitement was replaced by anger, annoyance and frustrations.

‘’It’s not so bad.’’ Ashley finally said, breaking the silence and settled on the bunk bed, ‘’It’s a county, you haven’t seen the prison.’’ Ben muttered back, and winced at the memory. I couldn’t help but shudder, when I thought what Ben had to go through, he had spent six months in a place that was far worse than this.

‘’How will the five of us sleep in here?’’ Ian asked, looking around the room, it was undoubtedly small, had a very bad stench and there was a small bunk bed that could only accommodate a small person like Ashley, ‘’we’ll have to pull up the mattress from the cupboard.’’ Ben muttered as he leaned against the wall, and the expression he had on his face was so shattering, he looked pained, worn out and no matter how much bizarre it sounds—defeated.

‘’Let’s get to work then.’’ Bryan murmured looking exhausted and advanced towards the small cupboard that was fixed to the wall. I quickly took the opportunity to talk to Ben privately, his behavior wasn’t normal.

‘’Is something wrong?’’ I asked him quietly, as the rest of them argued where to put the smelly mattresses, Ben shook his head once, ‘’No. Nothing.’’ He answered, looking away from me and it doesn’t take a scientist to figure out that something was definitely wrong.

I cradled his face and made him look into my eyes, his brown eyes were crinkled and they looked extremely angry and well, pained, ‘’Please tell me what’s wrong?’’ I pleaded with genuine concern, I didn’t know why was he so upset but, I wanted to make him alright.

‘’I…uh…I cannot afford to have another disciplinarily issue, and if we stay the night it’s definitely going to go in the record. And I need to stay clean.’’ Ben murmured in my hair, in a low sad voice.

‘’I am so sorry! It all happened because of us.’’ I replied back, I felt as if I was going to cry, we had put Ben’s future in danger, ‘’Will something bad happen? Will you be put back in prison?’’ I asked him a bit hysterically, for my own selfish reasons I couldn’t lose Ben, he was the reason I had patched up with my mother, he was the reason I had finally let my guard down and let myself love and I couldn’t let him go, no matter how cheesy it may sound, I may not be able to survive. Ben kissed my hair, cutting off the panic for a second, ‘’no, no…I don’t think so, either way, we can’t do anything about it. So, let’s just snuggle in the mattress.’’ Ben grinned at me, but, it was so forced that I felt like crying. I had come to comfort him and instead he was the one who was comforting me. Why can’t anything go as planned?