Chapter Four

"Oh Thomas must you?"

"Meow!"

"Shush!"

"Meow!"

"Thomas..."

"Meooowaaaaah."

"Thomas!" Shelbie hissed at her cat that sat in front of her as she was making him his breakfast.

"Meeeeeooowwww!"

"I hear you." She scooped out the food out from a can that she had retrieved from the kitchen and placed it in his bowl.

"Meowww!"

"Tommy, meowing isn't going to make me give you your food faster."

"Meoooowwwwwaah!" Shelbie groaned as she let her head fall back.

"You are so lucky everyone's still eating their breakfast to not hear you." However a hoot and another animal call at at the other side of the room begged to differ. Shelbie turned around towards them and gave an apologetic look.

"Sorry!"

"Meow!"

"Okay! Okay!" She says, setting the can and fork aside as she took the bowl and went towards the window sill where he would usually eat. Thomas bounded under her feet and continued to meow. Shelbie sighed loudly. "Thomas honestly! It's coming!"

He meowed once again and jumped up on the window and purred happily, his gooseberry green eyes pleased. Setting the bowl down after a minuet of his meows ceasing, she pet his head and kissed it as he bent down to eat. "I'll see you later my little gooseberry." And she headed for the door.

"Hoot!"

Shelbie turned towards the owl that ruffled its feathers as if expecting something. She smiled. "And you too."

One other call went out. "And you all too!"

And then she turned to leave.

"So, Shelbie, summoning charm, go!" Shelbie held up her wand and did an arch-like motion.

"Accio!" The object she was paying attention to was a feather that was sitting there on the table silently before it was pulled towards her and it landed right in front of her. She smiled triumphantly. "Yes!" Lily cheered as Candice smiled proudly with Olivia.

"Good job!" Candice says. Shelbie shrugs modestly and puts the feather down back in the middle.

"Okay Olive, you try now." Olivia gets herself ready and nods.

"Alright, shoot."

"Banishing charm." Olivia had a confident look on her face and got in position.

"Depulso!" Candice looked at Lily.

"Summon it back Lil."

And she did since the feather moved right back over to them.

Candice looked as if she was a proud mother and clasped her hands together.

"My children, you are ready."

"Ready for something that is weeks away." Olivia deadpanned. Candice still looked as if she was still revelling.

"Yes. Yes it is." Shelbie smiled.

"Hey, just think of all the free time you guys will have now because we worked so hard early. Plus, with all of this preparation, we'll be ready for anything." She says. Candice smiled at her.

"Yeah, Merlin knows I need it." Lily sighs. As member of the Slug club, she had been working hard at leadership within the group and many hours of staying up late thinking of ideas for opportunities in the school with Severus. It was hard being one of Professor Slughorn's favourites.

"How is the Slug Club?" Olivia asks.

"Well, it's pretty quiet lately, Professor Slughorn has mostly been speaking to us about guidance over the years from him if we ever needed anything. It's nice if him, really, but the thinking is a lot."

Least I'm not the only one who doesn't have their mind in a jumble. Shelbie thought.

Which also reminded her of the letter she had to write back to her mother.

She inwardly groaned.

A/N Short chappie, but hey, there's a lot in the others! XD