Chapter 11

She started working on her art as soon as she could so that the art gallery would continue to be impressed. I didn't think she had to impress them anymore since her work was so good but she insisted on it being the best. She had a while to work on the pieces as she only had to sell two pieces a month but Maya being Maya wanted to start right away.

Because she was working so hard I decided to give her some space for a while and so I went down to the Lucas cafe, Topanga's, to study for an exam I had coming up. I both loved and hated going Topanga's but it was the nearest place that sold good coffee. It gave me all the memories of high school as we used to go there everyday after school, it was where argument started and ended, unfortunately it couldn't make Maya stay.

When I walked in it wasn't its usual quiet self, there were people everywhere, it seemed as if there was a party so I took this as a clue to leave. Before I could get to the door I heard a familiar voice call my name.

R- Lucas? Is that you

I turned around to see Riley Matthews. I hadn't seen her since high school and she hadn't changed a bit. She was dressed much better than anyone else there so I assumed it was her party.

L- yeah it's me

R- I've not seen you for so long, how have you been?

L- I've been...

R- hold that thought one second, Farkle come over here

Farkle made his way through the crowd, when he saw me he smiled and put his arm around Riley. Were they a couple? I never saw that coming.

F- Lucas! How've you been

L- great thank you, quite a party you have here

R- it's our engagement party, we would have invited you but we've not talked for years

F- but you can join now

L- I'd love to, could I bring a plus one?