Chapter 14

The best week had been the best time I'd had in ages. Maya was enjoying her artist job at the gallery and we'd been meeting up with Riley and Farkle whenever we could, it really felt like we were back to old times.

Toganga and the Mathews had invited Maya and I over for dinner so we were getting ready. It wasn't going to be anything fancy just us being welcomed back into the family, so I wore a simple blue tshirt with jeans and Maya wore a casual dress.

The Matthews apartment was just one stop along the subway, they still lived in the same house even Riley did as she didn't want to move in with Farkle until they were married.

We were greeted by Riley and Farkle as soon as we walked in who both seemed pretty happy to see us.

R- "mom, dad, lucaya are here"

M- "who?"

R- "it's your ship name, it's cute isn't it?"

L- "I like it, does that mean you're riarkle"

F- "exactly, we even put it on our wedding in invites"

I then realised that we hadn't received any wedding invites. We knew that they were getting married because we met them on their engagement party but I didn't know if they wanted us to go or not but I couldn't just ask.

M- "I'm sure your wedding will be great"

R- "oh my goodness we didn't invite you, did we? Let me go grab some spares"

The invitations read...

Riley Matthews and Farkle Minkus would like to invite you to their beautiful summer wedding.

When? July 1st 11am
Where? The Rooftop
Please RSVP by giving one of us a text

Riarkle Matthews-Minkus