5: The Fugitive

I braced myself for the wall then changed course suddenly heading to the other edge of my room, I had to stop or I'd do myself damage.

I swerved again this time voluntary then I continued swerving to avoid my reading table, the bed, my stuffs and the wall. It felt good racing around the room with everything you see tends to be very slow even though they are all still life.

I picked up the remote as I ran and switched on the TV, the whole show was very slow then I knew I am probably a speedster.

I continued for minutes and was getting bored and tired of running round my room as I had no idea of stopping, my legs had their own minds at the time.
I tried holding on to my coat rack but just pulled it along letting it clatter and destroy most stuff.

I hoped someone would hear the noise and come see my incredible powers and also help to stop me. My Tommy was yelping now for food and I badly wanted to stop running. I tried holding on to my bed and the sofa but too fast to grab either.

I finally let off my arms to stop navigating and let my legs do all the work leading me straight to the wall so I could stop after hitting and falling.

Then I suddenly stopped in front of the wall. "Whoosh!!!" I exclaimed, smirking at myself felt so good. I had the speed of light, I think. So amazing and cool, it feels so good.

It must have been the explosion and the particle accelerator and maybe also the finger vials. Still so cool, I bounced on my bed feeling much more excitement than hunger. I settled in and pull the cover over me still jerking myself and smiling. My tommy growled again, I went to the kitchen, pick up a chicken and bit it like it had never felt so good like this before.

I resettled back to bed and noticed the pain on my head gone, vanished just like that. I was definitely going to skip school tomorrow. Maybe I'd understand my powers better and research on the chemicals present that day. But I'd need to pretend like my migraine is still bothering me by the morning.

................

The clock alarm rang and I jerked off my bed as I was happy to start a new life with purpose.

I ran to the bathroom and put on my flip flops, I had myself cleaned up.

John ran into the room after I had my bath, "hey John, did you sleep well?" I smiled.

He nodded. "Mum says I could have a bubble bath this morning" he chuckled bouncing in his stand.

No wonder he's smiling, a bubble bath? "Aren't you going to school? You will spend all day having a bubble bath" I told him.
He shook his head "I don't wanna go" he grumbled as he made his way to the bathtub.

My mom hurried into the room.
"He is definitely going to school today or no bubble baths" she gave John the option face.

"Mom, manners" I said retiring to my bed.
John pulled of his cloth revealing his flat abs.

"What? The door was open any way and you're not naked" she told me helping John into the bathtub.

I frowned.
"Moom I can help myself into the bubble bath, shoo you see my boy secret" John complained.
John calls his boyhood or manhood, the proper term boy secret.

"Oh okay, little boy." My mom left the gurgling burble boy to himself. "So how you doing?" My mom asked sitting on my bed with me.

"Fine, but the migraine left a grain" I lied.

"Then you are not going to school today, you'd have to rest, all your teachers would understand....... "
I didn't respond.
"Plus its just the second day of school, uhn" my mom nudge at me.