8: Talia

"Look, Talia I've got to tell you a secret. But promise not to tell anyone" I said after I had sat beside Talia at the library.
Talia was the smartest girl I knew and the only one who could not tell my secret. She could also understand more of physics like metaphysics. Maybe she could also help me with my powers.

"Yeah sure, what's the secret" She closed the book that read 'The Dangers Of Time Travel' on the cover. Her spectacles hid her bright blue eyes.

"OK, so I'm-". Katy ran in the library.
"Shhhh" the librarian hushed as Katy's feet scuttled on the floor.

"The Grey Streak is in the school" she screamed and ran back out.
I frowned. Why would he be here? Does he know who I am?

We all ran out the library screaming and hustling.

I got out along with Talia who was now shaking.
"Why do you think he is here?" she asked.
"I dunno" I responded moving along the crowd.

We got out to the main hallway, the senior hallway. We were freshmen, so the seniors just literally shadowed making us fight our way through the crowd to the front.
"Come on let's go to the front" I told her.
"The front? Are you crazy?" she gasped. I held her hand and we pushed to the front.
"We are all crazy for coming out in the first place" I told her as we got to the front.

"Which one of you sucker's wears a mask and pretends to be me" The Grey streak, Jeremy yelled.

"Please we have no robbers or villains here so I urge you keep on searching elsewhere for your kin" The principal, Mrs Geraldine cut in along with some security guards standing in front of the crowd.

"Yeah you head the woman" Collins, Senior bully spat.
Jeremy chuckled.
"Thank you Mr Jones but I think I have this under control" she frowned from Collins to Jeremy.

Then in a blur, Jeremy was no longer standing where he stood, he ran through the guards protecting the crowds.
He stood back there again. We all saw the beaten guards moaning on the tiled floor. Talia gasped holding her mouth.

"You were saying?" Jeremy smirked.
"Asshole" Collins yelled.

"Collins! Shut up" the principal warned.
"Please none of my students are one of you" She said oblivious to the right word to use.

"I saw the blur this morning. The blur of a speedster running into the school. So who is it?" he asked with a knife in his hand.

"I did feel a gust of wind this morning" Frederick the Geek said and we all turned to him in disgust. Most of us were frowning at Frederick, I was.

"Fuck you" Collins spat again.
"Collins, Language" Mrs Geraldine yelled now shrieking and backing all us backwards with her arms wide.

"Since that one's a talkative, he'll be an example" Jeremy scoffed.
"No ple-" Mrs Geraldine cried.

The gust of wind passed me to the row behind me and back again. Jeremy held Collins up against the wall, the knife at his neck. Oh please kill him.

"Come out now or I'll slice his throat already" Jeremy threatened.

"Get over with it already" Ben yelled pushing to the front row. I don't blame him for that, Collins deserves punishment for being Ben's usual bully.
Talia gave Ben a punch on his shoulder.
"Hey, ow" he groaned. Talia frowned.

"Thank you Mrs Birmingham. Now please drop the boy now" the principal begged.
Mrs Geraldine was always formal, calling every student by their last name.

"Well?" Jeremy scoped through the crowd. "No one? Well then"
We all watched as he punctured Collins abdomen with multiple punches with the speed of sound.
Collins groaned and fell to the ground unconscious.
"Ruptures like that can cause intestinal damage" Talia told me.
I nodded.

"Since you're so smart, why don't you go next?" Jeremy turned to Talia.
"Oops, coming to the front was a bad idea." she whispered.

"Come on" Jeremy pulled on her shoulders and she screamed.
"Please don't" the principal pleaded moving forward to Jeremy.

"One more step" Jeremy threatened with his knife.
"Relax, it will only hurt a bit" he threw two punches to Talia's abdomen and I couldn't hold it anymore.

"Hands in the air, this is the police!" we all turned to the swarm of police cars already out the school.

"Silent sirens, smart move. I'll be right back" he sped off to outside the school where we heard gunshots.

"Everybody to the other exit now!" Mrs Geraldine yelled.

They all dispersed screaming. I ran for Talia. She was in pain but not yet unconscious. "Am sorry" I told her. I carried her on my back and ran to the other exit.

"What about Collins?!" The principal called after me.
"He's too heavy" I said running on.

"Someone get Collins" The principal looked around but no one answered. We all ran on.

I got to the exit and dropped Talia with Ben. "Stay with her, I've got to get Collins" I lied.
"Collins?" Ben frowned.

I ran back to the school and to my locker where I had stashed my black bandit outfit to.
I wore them with superspeed and ran out to the bullet and speed wars.

"Hey Cole, you looking for me!" I smirked. He turned to me.
"Ah, finally" he frowned.

"You've got to catch me first" I ran out to the main road. He followed.
"Bring it on!" he yelled from behind.

It didn't take long for him to catch up with me. He pushed me down to the ground forcing us both to tumble over and over on the ground.
He threw a punch at my face and I could feel the blood seeping from my nose under my mask. He tugged on my mask trying to pull it off. I kicked him off me. Then sending multiple punches to his abdomen like he did before.
He stopped the fourteenth punch and slide me off the ground.
I fell hitting the ground hard. He swings a right hook at my face as I dodge it and his fist hit the ground. I heard his fingerlings cracking. I kicked him off me again. I stood up and sent him a left kick sending him to the ground. I got on him and continued my multiple punches before he held my punch again with his other fist that hadn't yet been cracked by the hard concrete deserted road.
He pushed me off him and ran off in the opposite direction. "I'll be back!" he yelled.

I huffed a sigh of relief before resting back to the road. That scared me a lot. Who knew I had fighting like that in me.

I stood up. And I saw the police and my fellow students had come out to cheer me, even with some officer's guns still up pointing at me. It felt good at that moment.

I ran through the alley between the next two building to the school and to the back entrance to my school and to the boy's toilet where I unchanged and stashed the back bandit back to my bag.

I came out the toilet and people stopped to laugh.
"Scaredy cat, hiding in the toilet? Don't worry the Grey streak is gone" Neville teased.

I smiled. Ben came along with Talia on his back. "Dude, Collins still lying there and you are hiding in the toilet? I expected more than this from you. Weren't you the one talking of revenge on that guy. She's too heavy" he dropped Talia and sighed.
Believe me, I never felt better.

"We need to get her to the ambulance outside" I said watching the guards put Collins on the medical wheely.

I took her and carried her on my shoulders. "Thank you" she whispered to me. I looked up at her. "Sure anytime".

"Hey what about me? I carried you too" Ben called after us.

I got out to the ambulance and put her in. "See you soon" I told her as she lied down to the ambulance bedding. She nodded.
I smiled as the bus zoomed away. Aah what a wonderful day. I smirked.