6: The Grey Blur

I had a lot of time thinking, and to know that the silence from thinking about how I got to the garden is killing me, I had to let it go for now at least.
And how come the garden didn't get burnt during the first explosion. And two explosions in two weeks is suspicious. The runaway? Who was he?

I put my thoughts all out and got on my running boots. I was going for a test drive, out the house off course. Wouldn't want a screaming mother crying over broken house appliances.

I walked out the door and locked the door to my dad's massive house. It was the most expensive and most elegant house on the street. It was just missing one occupant at the time and whom I indeed had sworn to know what happened to the owner of this house I was leaving for a test run. I walked to the alley between my house and my neighbours. I was sure to check their windows to make sure no one was home before I put on my  ski mask and warm up for my vibration.

I started to jog up and down the alley since if I go out with a mask on people will think am on a robbery mission but am just trying to hide my face in case CCTV camera caught me on tape running with speed. But then again I'll be so fast they wouldn't even see my face.

After ten minutes of workout in my alley, my vibrations definitely seemed not likely to come alive. I gave up, pulled of the mask off and came out the of the alley. I got my skateboard and thought of a ride to my dad's lab or cemetery.
My thoughts were knocked out by a soft feminine voice.
"Hey Ian" Heather greeted me from her porch.
Heather is a gorgeous teen of my age, 16. She is my girl next door secret crush. She was a blonde and wore skimpy dresses, crop tops and bum shorts, like she had on now. She doesn't have any boyfriend that I know of, just simple and gorgeous. Her dad is kinda overprotective of his daughter and he watches her every move around boys in this street.

"Heather hi" I replied rocking away from my thoughts. I approached their compound, it was fenced and barricaded.

"Is your school also out till next week?" she asked approaching the fence.

"Nah just sick that's all" I replied nervously looking down at the flourished grass and flowers. Her face was tempting and her lips were pink even without lipstick.
She was a little darker skinned in complexion than mine. Her figure protruded with the bum shorts.

"Oh, sick? Hope you are getting better?" Heather asked now already by the fence.
She had always been passionate and caring since they moved in two years ago.

"Yeah stayed home on my mom's instructions." I chuckled at my non-funny sentence.

"Are you home alone?" she asked holding the fence.

I nodded placing my skateboard on my porch.

"Wanna come over? Am bored at home." She said making me catch a glimpse of her perfect white set of teeth just like mine. We had a lot in common.

I looked up to her dad's window where he'd usually yell at me for staying to close to Heather as it is right now. "I don't know..." I pocketed my hands into my denim jeans still looking up at her window.

"Don't worry am alone too" she said. Her face was inviting and charming making me stop thinking hard of going to dad's lab.

"OK" I concluded.

"Great, come right in" she went over and opened up the gate.  I came in and waited for her to shut the gate back.

"Can we do this quickly? Have got somewhere to be" I said as I sat on the step to the front porch.
"Well I just wanna have someone to talk to" she said taking a seat beside me revealing her laps that I really wasn't looking at before.