Chapter 15-Homefront

A/N: This chapter is based off of episode 12 of season 1. 

Dick who now was Robin, left the Batcave very quickly. He and Batman just got into a fight and Robin stormed out of there. Bruce was getting on his nerves all day and then he goes and picks a fight with him. Dick was feeling overwhelmed, which he hated. He always tried his best to just stay whelmed, but lately that hasn't been working out so well. It felt like the Batcave was closing in on him, he felt his chest tighten and his breathing coming in faster and shorter, he was on the edge of an anxiety attack, he just needed to leave, to be away from Bruce. 

Once he left he called Wally, his best friend and secret boyfriend, but he didn't pick up. That was very odd, Wally always picked up his phone for Dick. He waited a few before sending out a text to him, but got the same result, no answer.He then texted Iris, Wally's aunt to find out where Wally was at.
 Dick sighed and he sat down on some roof top. It was growing late, the sky had now darken much. Dick got up and continued his long way to the out of order phone booth that would take him to the mountain, where Wally was at.

He finally came to the spot but stopped when he saw Artemis standing down below, about to enter the phone booth. A smile came upon his face and he quickly jumped down, not tipping her off that he was around. Artemis reached the doors and that when he made his presence know.

"Artemis.'' announced Robin's wrist computer. She quickly turned around and gasped, her eyes wide.

"Robin? I....umm..." Artemis began but couldn't seem to piece her words together. Robin chuckled to himself and brought his wrist computer upwards and typed down on it and then looked up at her with a smirk on his face.

"How random that you're in Gotham City, instead of Star City where your uncle Green Arrow lives" came Robin's computer.

Artemis reached up and rubbed the back of her neck and smiled down at her young teammate. She began to come up with a lie and Robin had to play along, as if he believed her. He fully knew she wasn't Oliver Queen's niece. He knew that she was none other than Sportsmaster's daughter, but he kept that detail all to himself, he wasn't supposed to know about it but he did a little bit of hacking on the Batcomputer and found out. If Bruce knew about that, that would be a whole other fight, he sighed and bowed to allow her entrance into the cave first, but she insisted he go first. Robin shrugged his shoulders and entered. His name being announced as he left Gotham City.

--------------------------------------

Happy Harbor.
Mount Justice.

As soon as he entered the cave he noticed the smoke. His eyes narrowed and he slowly pulled out a bird-arang. He held it in his hands as fire was suddenly throw his way. He jumped quickly to miss being hit by it.

The zeta tubes lit up, showing that Artemis was coming.

-Recognized. Artemis, B07.

Robin quickly typed on his computer once he saw her come through. "Get Down!" yelled his computer, she gasped. Fire headed straight for her, she jumped out of the way. Robin quickly did a back flip and landed right in front of her, and pulled out a few bird-arangs throwing them into the smoke. 

She quickly took action, pulling her bow out and began shooting arrows off. Neither of them knew who they were fighting but being by the zeta tubes was not going to help them at all, so they headed for the exit. Fire was thrown at them once more, almost hitting Artemis.

Just as they went into the hallway a huge wave of water came right at them. Dick sighed. He was having a crappy evening and all he wanted was to be around Wally, to help him out. He could feel himself slipping backwards and it scared him, it scared him a lot.