5

Corrie

Once they left it was only me, Emanuel and Dez so I fixed their plates and let them eat. I wasn't really in the mood after the conversation and wanted to be alone to think but I knew I wouldn't be.

"so what happened back there" Dez asked coming sit next to me on the counter. Of course she would want to know. I felt like she was so entangled in this situation that it would be weird not to tell her.

"nothing he apologized and asked to be a part of the baby's life and stuff" i said not really wanting to talk about Dex more than I have to. It was enough that I was having a child but I didn't feel the need to hear his name constantly. Especially since I knew he wasn't hearing mine all the time.

"You told him that he has to meet moma right?" She asked with a laugh and I nodded. Deep down I was scared to even tell my mother I was pregnant let alone that it was for someone like Dex. It went against everything we talked about when i moved down here. My mother would have rather me go to school up North where and away from my "people" then to come down to the South, Louisiana in particular and get in trouble which I was stuck in at the moment. I begged her to even let me come out here and use my scholarship and this is what I do when i finally get my way.

"how did he take that" she asked

"he started asking questions about who knew and stuff" she nodded

"you going to the game tomorrow" she asked and I was happy for a subject change.

"I might I'm not to sure yet. You?"I asked

"Shawn asked if I wanted to and I said I would think about it"I said

"Things between you two are moving into a serious direction"I said hoping she would be too caught up in her own life to bring mine back up. She shrugged looking down

"What"I said

"Call me crazy but I feel comfortable around him."She said

"Okay crazy"I said and she smiled a little still focused on her shoe.

"My grandmother and mother always told me when you feel to comfortable around a man he's not the one. It's the man who gives you butterflies that you thought didn't exist every time you see him. The man who chases you constantly and he's not chasing me or giving me butterflies. He's making me comfortable. Like I'm at home"She said and I nodded in understanding

"We grew up together and I don't want to hurt his feelings"She said a low voice.

"What's wrong with being home"E said from the couch.

"I have family friends who can make me feel at home when ever I want to truly be there. I want to be swept off my feet and stupidly in love with someone. I want someone who pushes me away from this place to be the best I can be not someone who..makes me comfortable. He never pushes me or anything"She said and he nodded. I felt a tinge in my heart thinking about her words, this was one of her vulnerable moments. When Dez because Deztiny and allowed herself to be soft. She was usually always party girl, hood princess Dez. She took a moment.

"I hope you have a boy"She said and I knew the subject wasn't going anywhere any time soon and I wanted to be excited but this baby wasn't coming when I planned for it to. Not from a man that I loved after my career was set in stone.

"no i want a baby girl who i can spoil" i said

"you can spoil a boy"She said

"nah he ain't about to be no whiney ass lil boy who cry for everything" Emanuel said jumping in the conversation

"and who said you had a say"Dez asked

"as uncle i do" he said

"well as godmother and aunt i say it should be a boy"