Chapter 4 - Blue's POV

Blue stretched her arms and yawned, sitting up. The first thing she realized was that she was cold. The second was that she was not in her little bedroom.

She turned and saw Gansey laying next to her, hair tousled, shirt missing. She was at Monmouth. Then she realized why she was cold. Blue was in only her camisole and underwear and the sheets were tangled at her hips.

She lay back down and rested her head on Gansey's chest. Blue's hand reached up and she tangled her fingers in Gansey's long hair.

Gansey shifted. "Mmph. Blue?"

"Yeah." Blue croaked out, voice sore from not being used all night.

Gansey slowly cracked his eyes open. "Morning." He smiled at Blue.

Blue looked past him at the clock. "More like good mid-afternoon." She smiled as Gansey's eyes opened wide.

"Are you serious? I've never slept past 8am."

"Yes I'm serious. It's 2 o'clock in the afternoon." Gansey groaned and Blue laughed then winced.

"Wow I drank too much."

Gansey rolled his eyes at Blue. "You had like two sips of my beer."

"Which is the most I've ever drank before." She sat up and stretched.

"Lightweight." Gansey mumbled and sat up as well. Blue looked over at him and smiled. He looked at her quizzically. "What?"

She gestured noncommittally, "Nothing. I'm just happy. I like this."

"Bickering with me about being drunk?"

"I was going to go with just being with you, but yeah that works." Blue laughed and then sighed. She flopped herself back down onto the bed.

Gansey laughed and laid down next to her pushing his arm under her to wrap around her waist. Blue laughed and flinched away.

"That tickled!"

Gansey moved closer and feigned innocence. "What, this?" He grabbed her waist again and tickled her.

Blue exploded into a fit of laughter. She started flailing her limbs around and finally Gansey stopped, not wanted to get kicked.

Blue calmed herself and puffed her hair out of her face. She peered at Gansey; the way his hair lay flopped into his face and how his lips were parted just so, the hint of a smile ghosting his face.

"I really want to kiss you right now."

Gansey's phone rang. Gansey grumbled something about timing and swearing to god if it was Helen.

Blue watched him roll over and reach for his phone on the nightstand to find it wasn't there. As he stood to look for it, swaying with the sudden movement Blue laughed at him.

"I think it's in your pocket." Blue said pointing at Gansey's jeans which were discarded not far from the bed.

He yanked the phone out of his pocket and answered it. "Ronan?" He sounded incredulous. And with good reason, Ronan never used his phone. He never called, never texted, never answered.

"Yeah, she is, why?" Blue stood uncertainly. Gansey nodded, biting his lip. "Yeah, we'll meet you there." Gansey hung up.

Blue walked around the bed to him, careful not to step on any of Henrietta that they'd been working on the day before.

"That was Adam. There's something wrong with Cabeswater. He and Ronan are headed there now. Do you want to swing by yours to get some clean clothes?"

Blue nodded and grabbed her dress from where it was strewn on Gansey's desk. She blushed when she remembered how it got there. She pulled it over her head, letting the fabric swish down around her thighs before grabbing her sweater and beat up Chuck Taylor's.

They drove to 300 Fox Way in silence, the humming of the pig's engine the only sound.

"I'll wait for you out here."

Blue chuckled, "What you don't like Calla?" She got out of the car and ran up the walkway to the front door.

The familiar smell of burning sage greeted her when she walked in. She walked up the stairs to her room. She closed the door behind her and changed into a pair of jeans and a long sweater made from three different colors of material. She pulled her rain jacket on after and then opted for some boots rather than her sneakers.

When she walked out of her room she found Calla with her hand on her hip right outside the door.

"Where have you been young lady?"

Blue rolled her eyes at Calla's "mom" behavior. "I was with Gansey. I called you."

"All night and day?" Calla glared at Blue.

"We slept in really late." Blue crossed her arms. "Can I go?"

"You're leaving again? With him? What would your mother say?"

"Um. Have fun? Be careful? Don't die?"

"Your sass is not appreciated Blue." Calla shifted positions, crossing her arms to mirror Blue.

"Well then let me go. I'll come back tonight." She pushed past Calla and went down the stairs.

"I'm not done talking to you!" Calla stormed down after.

Blue turned back at the bottom of the stairs. "I'm going! There's nothing you can do to stop me!" Blue raised her voice ever so slightly.

"Your mother is missing and you want to storm off with those boys!"

"Those boys are helping me look for her! And right now Cabeswater needs us! So I'm going!"

Blue walked away from her, slamming the front door on her way out. She walked down the path and back to where Gansey waited in the pig. He started the car when she got in.

"Let's go before Calla comes out and tries to chain me to the house." Blue remarked sourly.

"You okay?" Gansey asked grabbing her hand with one of his, rubbing circles on the back with his thumb.

"Yeah. She just acts like I'm a child still. I'm 17." Blue fumed in the passenger seat.

"She's probably just worried about you. Hoping you won't follow your mother underground." He chuckled at his almost joke.

"I guess." Blue softened a bit.

They drove the rest of the way to Cabeswater in casual silence, stopping when they saw Ronan's BMW. They walked the rest of the way, holding hands.

(A/N: Sorry it's been so long I lost all motivation to finish this after NaNoWriMo ended. Also I'm not sure I want to keep the Gansey/Blue POVs going. Let me know what you think. Also sorry this chapter is kind of boring but I'm getting to the good stuff in the next one!! also I just thought of this funny idea for a gag gift sort of from Ronan to Blue (or Gansey I guess) they're lil like silicon lip cover things so Blue and Gansey can kiss without their lips touching. Idk maybe that's dumb, but I laughed when I thought of it. Maybe I'll tie in here. Anyway, thanks for reading! -Amber)