Faded Smiles.

Bruce had spent the rest of his day doing research, avoiding pictures as much as possible. Alfred had helped him by doing everything Wayne tower related. He ate a quick and light dinner. He got into his Batsuit once he saw the Batsignal. He flew into the night, where he blended in. He landed on the G.C.P.D and S.W.A.T building where Gordan was smoking his pipe. "What is it Jim?" "Harley Quinn and that clown..." Joker. He never showed any love to anything or one but to himself. "What are they doing that calls me?" "Well... his Arkham doctors are worried about him. He keeps having flashbacks about his past... their worried he's not only going to kill many but... himself." Bruce nodded. He was worried since last they met, it wasn't very pretty. Jim's fat and brown eyes widened as Harleen ran out of the building they were in. "HELP!! PLEASE!! I'M SERIOUS!" Batman glided down to her. "If you lie, you WILL regret it!" "I ain't lyin to you Batman. Please... It's Joker..." "SPILL IT!!" He grabbed her hair tightly. "Eep!! H-he's pointin a gun at h-himself!!" Bruce's cold blue eyes softened. He ran inside and saw goons in front of the door. "Is she ly-" the goons shake their heads and move. He ran into the dismal room. He looked around for Joker, but he was just standing there. His back facing Bruce. Harley was right. There was a tarnished and purple gun, pointed at his temple. Joker let out a loud and painful sigh. "Joker... don't. What about Harl-" The gun clicked. "This clown... is at the end of his ropes..." Bruce suddenly kicked the gun but he was slightly to late. The bullet pierced his neck and collarbone.