The Start of a Begining

Ennoshita's remains are in pieces, scattered across the ground. The blood that used to reside in his body, now littered the ground.
The freckled boy whimpered, then fell to the ground in tears. He continued to sob into his hands, the tears just wouldn't stop.
     "H-how did t-this h-h-hap-pen?" Yamaguchi stuttered out.
      "I'm not sure." Tsukishima responded kneeling, and rubbing his friends back in a comforting manner.                         "I think we should be happy that wasn't one of us."
     "Do you think the others are here? Do you think our friends hurt?" Yama cried more at the thought.
     "I'm not sure." The blonde said, not wanting to make any false promises.
The two boys sat there, for what felt like hours. The brunette crying his heart out, and the blonde sympathetically holding his own hand on Yamaguchi's back. They both felt disconnected from all the things that they thought was normal.      Yamaguchi's heart ached. He liked Ennoshita, he enjoyed his company. They felt left out many times, like the team could do better without them. Tsukki could block, Hinata could jump, kageyama could set, Nishinoya could receive, and Asahi could spike. The two felt connected, they had something in common, and that's how they got to know each other better. Tsukishima is his best friend, but he doesn't understand the little feeling that you get, the one that says "They don't need you." Or "Your holding them back." Yama just needed someone to treat him...like he mattered.

Tsukishima's POV
     Yamaguchi and I sat there for a long while. My arm was starting to get tired.
     After what felt like, maybe five minutes, I began to hear a obnoxious stomping, clearly heading our direction.
     The thumping grew louder, and whatever it was, it was very close.
     "We should run." I snapped him out of his thoughts
     "H-huh?"
     "Just come on." I grabbed his hand and ran. The thumping behind us grew louder and the before steady beat became quick paced.
     We ran until our limbs became numb. I could no longer feel Yamaguchi's hand, but I knew he was close behind me.
     The thumping came to a stop. Everything seemed to move in slow motion, the wind moved quietly, and the leaves rustled at a low pace.
     "TSUKI!!" Yamaguchi screamed in fear.
     The cause of thw thumping was right before my eyes, and in its hand was my best, and only friend. I froze, knowing what was coming. I know I had to do something, something to help him, but what? What could a useless person like myself possibly do?
     "TSUKI!! HELP ME PLEASE!" He screamed louder now.
     Snapping out of my thoughts, I grabbed a near by rock and threw it as had as I could at the beast. It was ineffective. And the giant moved Yamaguchi toward it's face.
     "NO STOP IT!" I screamed, tears beginning to stream from my eyes.
     "Tsuki," Yamaguchi started.
"G-gomen." And with that, Yamaguchi was pulled into the mouth of the beast. His arm being broken from his body, between its teeth.
     I race to his dismembered arm, and held it to my chest.
     "Yamaguchi, you idiot! You should have stayed by my side!" I cried more. Lacing my fingers between his slightly warm ones.
     "I'm sorry." I felt a hand on my shoulder. Turning around to see a man with mid-length jet black hair.        "Was he a good friend?"
     "That's none of your business." I replied coldly.
     "My name is Levi Ackerman, what is yours?" He changed the subject.
     "Kei Tsukishima."
     "What was your friends name?"
     "Tadashi Yamaguchi."