You could have had his kingdom

Mal sometimes still dreams about it. She doesn't even know if Ben remembers. She doesn't actually know, how much he remembers from that time. Because he was like, under a love spell. She sometimes wonder if she should ask him, but then she decides not to.

It's almost midnight, but Mal can't sleep. She haven't seen Ben for some days now, and she misses him like crazy. But he got a lot of things to do, so Mal don't blame him. He's just doing the best he can.

Mal kept Ben's tourney shirt, the one he throw at her, under his performance. He just got a new one. She's not even sure if he knows, that she have it.

She has the shirt tight in her arms, almost crying into it. She doesn't want to cry, but she can't stop.

"Mal?" She hears Evie ask, from the other side of the room.

"What?" Mal replies, not really in the mood for talking.

"Are you crying?"

"No."

She hears her stand up from the bed, and walk towards her. She takes her hand, and sits beside her on the bed.

"Is it about Ben?" She asks concert.

"No."

Evie do not believe her, and makes Mal sit up.

"If he hurted you in any possible way, I'm going to kill him."

"Evie just stop, it's not him."
"Then tell me what it is. I'm your best friend."

"I know E, but... It isn't important."

They are both silent for a little while. Then Evie asks.
"Okay, this is totally out of context, but have you guys kissed yet?"

"Why do you ask about that?"

"Because I'm curious."

Mal looks at her, with an annoyed look.
"No E, we haven't."

"Why? You could have had his kingdom." She smiles at her.

"What?"

"Don't you remember that song, "I would give my kingdom for just one kiss."?"

"What if I don't want his kingdom." She lays down, and tries to sleep.

"What do you want then?" Evie asks.

A few seconds pass, before Mal finally says: "him."

Evie walks back to her bed, and Mal hears her lay down, while saying. "I guess that's the same cure."

Mal only bothers for a second, to think about that. Before she falls asleep.
-

Mal wakes up to the sound, of someone knocking the door. She stands up, and reaches the door before Evie.

It's Doug, who wants to talk to Evie.

Evie dresses quickly, and runs after Doug.

Mal starts getting dressed too. There's school today, but she doesn't wants to go. Instead she decides to go to Ben.

When she reaches his office, she slightly knocks the door.

"Come in," Ben calls, and she steps into the room.

"Hey Mal," he says while his smile grow bigger. "What are you doing here? Don't you have school?"

"There's no school today, and I just wanted to see you," she says, and he can feel that there's something wrong. But decides to let it go.

"What a great idea," he says, trying to make her feel comfortable. He stands up, and hugs her.

"I missed you," she says, and buries her head in his shoulder.

He hugs her tighter, and says: "I missed you too."

They just stand like that for a while. Just enjoying each other's company.

A knock on the door, bring them back to reality. "Come in," Ben says, still holding his arm around Mal.

It's Evie. "There you are. Why aren't you at school, Fairy godmother is concerned?"

Mal looks from Evie to Ben, and then to Evie again. "Can't you just tell her I'm sick?"

Evie looks at Ben, and then turns to leave. "Will do."

When the door shuts behind her, Ben turns Mal around, so they're facing each other.
"Why did you tell me, that there were no school today?" Ben asks.

"Because then you would have forced me to go," Mal says, looking at the ground.
"Not if you told me why."

Mal looks up again, a tear running down her cheek. She quickly takes it away. Ben can't see her cry, she never cry! 

"Mal?" Ben asks, hugging her tight. "You know I love you, just tell me what's on your mind."

Mal pull herself out of the hug, and walks over to Ben's desk. Ben following right behind.

A picture of her and Ben are hanging on the wall above it. The same picture Mal has at her wall.

Ben just looks at her, he's worried about her. Mal never misses school. But then he thought, they haven't been spoken for a long time, because he's so caught up in his work. But Mal couldn't just miss him, could she?

"Mal, tell me what's happening?"

She just turns around and looks at him. Ben steps closer, taking her hands. He walks even closer, and he really wants to kiss her, but she would never let him do that. Or maybe...

He lean forward, almost kissing her, when she turns her head to the side. But Ben won't  let it go that easy, not this time. He takes his hand under her chin, and turns her face, so it is facing his again. Then again he lean in, his lips finding hers. Mal don't  pull away this time, she just fall into the kiss, almost losing her balance when Ben pulls away.

They just stare at each other, for a few seconds, before Mal finally get to life.

"Now I want your kingdom," she says, with a small laugh.

"What?" He asks, looking at her.

"Didn't you say that you would give your kingdom for just one kiss?"

"Oh yeah, how could I forget?" He laughs too. "Believe me, you already got it."

He remembered, Mal's feeling so happy, but yet she's feeling something else too, maybe it is.. Could it be...?

"Is this what love feels like?" She asks, while she looks into his eyes.

"Yes," he says, "I think it is."

*I do not own any of the characters ;-P