You want the truth?

Ben was working on something really important, when he received a text from Mal. Of course nothing was more important than Mal, so he picked it up to check what she had texted.

Ben come quickly, it's important!

Ben stood up as quick as his legs would allow, and ran all the way to Mal's room. He swung the door open, and ran inside.

"What?" he asked, while gasping for air.

Mal laughed, "I just needed a way to make sure you would come."

"So that means that there wasn't anything really important I had to come for?" Ben asked crossing his arms.

"Depends, if you count me as an important thing or not."

Ben smiled, and walked over to her side, and kissed her on the forehead. "The most important." Mal smiled, "But I really can't stay," he continued.

Mal pulled him down on her bed, "Yes you can," she said, and giggled.

Ben eventually stopped trying to escape, figuring Mal was stronger than him.

"That's what I thought," she said, when he finally stopped fighting.

They just sat in silence for a little while, slightly looking at each other. But then Ben broke the silence, "What about we do something tonight, after I'm done with my work, and then I can go now?" he tried.

Mal seemed to consider it, but then she said, "But I'm bored now, who says I will be that tonight?"
-

Next day Ben had promised to spend the whole day with her, so she was surprised when she couldn't find him anywhere. Because he had never broken a promise before. But eventually she found him, hiding on the Tourney field.

"What the hell, Ben?" she asked, when she found him, "What are you doing out here?"

"Oh nothing," Ben said, forcing a smile.

"What happened? You promised to spend time with me today."

"Oh yeah, and I will. I just thought that we could maybe be outside," he tried.

"And you thought, why not play hide and seek first?"

Ben nodded, but Mal didn't seem to buy it. "Who are you hiding from?"

"I'm not hiding, I just needed some fresh air."

Mal opened her mouth to protest, but figured it wouldn't really change the situation.
"Okay then, let's go to the enchanted lake, I havn't been there for a long time."

Ben smiled, and took her hand. They walked all the way, even know it was long, but it was really cozy in the forest.

"Tell me something about yourself, that you've never told anyone," Mal said, while giggling.

"Hey, you're copying me," Ben laughed.

"You got a problem with that?" Mal asked teasingly.

"No," Ben said, "I think it's cute."

Mal glared at him, "Then answer."

"Um... I'm scared of one of my mom's friends," he said.

Mal turned to look at him, "So that's why you were hiding outside," she said.

Ben nodded, "I know it's weird, but she gave me nightmares as a kid. Because she always acted so scary... and told this scary stories, and..."

Mal laughed, "Aww, you're scared of scary stories?" she asked, kissing him on the cheek.