A stressful week

Ben was having a lot of stress lately, because no one seemed to care that he was only 17! Like really guys?

So things just kept coming. He was working night and day, and had a few hours sleep. It had been going on for a week, and Mal didn't try to stop him. Even know she knew that would probably have been for the best. But she knew how easily he would lose his temper. And she just wasn't in the mood for that right now.

But it hurted her to see how much he was pressuring himself. And when the second week started, and she still couldn't see any changes in the amount of work. She decided to do something. Mostly because she couldn't fall asleep, and really wanted to sleep in his room. While he was there too of course.

She managed to step into his office and walk all the way to his desk, without him noticing. She stepped behind him, and hugged him from behind, placing her head on top of his.

"Still a lot of work?" She asked.

Ben nodded, but kept working.

"You know... I miss you," she said, kissing his cheek.

He nodded again, his eyes not even leaving the paper.

"Don't you miss me?" She asked, kissing him right next to his mouth.

He still didn't move. And Mal began to lose her patience. She stepped in front of him, and sat on his desk.

Then he finally looked at her. She was sitting with her arms crossed, looking rather dissatisfied.

"Mal..." he started, but she cut him off.

"I'm not going anywhere." She took a paper, laying next to her. "Is this the one you're working on?" She asked, showing him the paper.

He nodded.

She read it through, before laying it down again. "Ben you should really get some sleep, it's late. And... I want to cuddle with you." She said.

"Mal..." he started, but she cut him off again. She kissed him on the lips, and moved so she was sitting on his lap. He didn't return the kiss, but she still kept kissing him.

"I can't sleep," she said.

"Mal I really don't have time..." he started.

"And I really don't care, I haven't seen you in a week!" She said crossing her arms. "And if you're staying I'm staying too. And don't think I would be quiet."

She saw a smile forming on Ben's face. "Okay," he said. "Maybe I need to get some sleep." Something in his voice told her he didn't quite agree fully on it. But at least he went back with her.

She snuggled into him, and he kissed her on the head. She soon fell asleep, but woke up again in the middle of the night, to find Ben not beside her.

She stood up and checked the bathroom, but he wasn't there, then she went to his office.

"Really?" She asked, when she saw that he was there.

"Mal why aren't you sleeping?" He asked.

"Yeah, I could ask you the same thing." She said sounding mad.

"Because I'm behind schedule, because I took the time off, and I need to work extra hard now."

Mal pulled out a chair and sat beside him. She looked at some of the papers and began helping him. He didn't stop her, but he didn't look pleased with it either.
-

Next day, Mal was waiting for him at school, they had the next class together, and they always went together. But he didn't show up, so Mal figured he would probably be in class.