Memorandum 1

Why do we have to be apart?

We live in two distinct countries. An ocean as wide as the sky is our barrier. 

You are a walking piece of art that can not be seen in broad daylight. You have an alluring aura that always seems to comfort me.  You know how to tug the strings of my heart. Your beautiful calloused hands could play thousands of brilliant songs on it and I'll still feel the urge to be played once again and again. I have this abnormal attachment towards you. I do not know if this is 'love.' 

As days go by, I realize you are abnormal. You never seem to age. Perhaps I'm the abnormal one. I mentally crush that idea but maybe I have this curse. A curse of mortality. Never have I had the desire of immortality until I saw you. Seeing your dark eyes sink in a pool of sadness, it pained me that I couldn't be the one to stand by your side forever.

Sometimes we stand by the things we never understand. You're one of them, one of the things I never seemed to understand. You swiftly move through time and can instantly appear through thin air. Unlike anything I have ever seen, there is just not enough words in the English dictionary to express my desire of longing. 

I know your cold stone heart is as warm as the summer sun in broad daylight. Just the thought of it even makes my heart fuzzy with a slight tint of blush on my cheeks.

I've had this planned trip in my mind for just the both of us. We could spend a couple of nights in a small house on the beach. Let's spend our last few nights there, together. Before we part, I'd like these last memories with you. I can just picture you with that warm comfortable sweater that I gave you last month. You are holding a bitter drink in your left arm; ginger tea. Unsweetened, just the way you like it. You are out in the back drinking it leisurely. Somehow, my mind would always have this image embedded, branded almost. We would have our dinner: a barbecue. The setting sun would make your dark eyes glisten, a perfect afternoon. Calm, with the ocean waves gently reaching the shore, even it was then that I knew. Even with this planned trip in my mind, I knew that we would never have our happy ending.

How selfish and inconsiderate of me, right? You are placed in the worst position, living day by day, a never-ending cycle of constant misery. 

I'm sorry, really, truly sorry. But because of this curse, I enjoyed the short time I spent with you. You probably never saw me the way I saw you and that's fine. Let my dying body die with my dying love for you.