Chapter 6

To make it to Ryturn, it will take a full day. Azel wasn't sure what to do with herself. She showered and cleaned her clothes. She felt a bit more put together afterwards. When her hair was back in place, albeit still damp, she went to the cockpit and found Ben sitting with his eyes closed.

Azel went back to the kitchen and made them tea absently. He did it for her when they first flew, she might as well return the favor.

When she returned, she gently nudged Ben. He looked up at her as if he wasn't asleep and then looked at the outstretched tea.

"Thank you," he said and took it from her gratefully. Azel sat next to him with her own.

"How will we pass the time?" Azel asked, slightly in fear of going crazy.

"There's the projector," Ben suggested. "And some books in the cupboard."

Azel sighed and left Ben so she could fire up the projector. She browsed the small film collection and found one that she and Arrin use to watch together. Feeling sentimental, she put it on. She sat on her bed to watch it, and tried not to stiffen her neck too much. The screen was at an awkward angle with where her bed sat, and no amount of adjusting her position could fix it. She stayed settled where she was with a sigh, and got lost in the film.

Ben came out eventually, and sat in the booth with a book. Azel suddenly realized that was a much smarter place to sit for the film, but it is a little late now. The film is over, and there's still several hours left. She sulked in her sheets and then looked at Ben.

"How old are you?" She pondered out loud. Might as well pass the time some how.

Ben glanced up at her. "Much older than you are." He stated. "Why?" He stared back down at his book.

Azel shrugged, although he didn't see it. "Have you always lived on Tatooine?"

"No," Ben said. "I've lived all across the Galaxy."

"Where?"

Ben closed his book gently and looked up at her. "Does it matter?" He asked, sincerely curious.

"No," Azel answered honestly. "But considering we will be stuck together for awhile it wouldn't hurt to know each other a little bit." She mumbled. She felt a little bashful for how she's acted towards him, she should have been getting to know him from the beginning. But she didn't. However, she knows better now. She knows she doesn't have to be so careful around him, and that he only has her best interests.

Ben sighed, but didn't answer. She briefly wondered if he was upset with her, but then his face contorted into one of pain and his eyes grew distant. Apparently that was the wrong thing to ask.

Azel took a different approach. "Do you have a favorite planet?"

That pulled Ben from his thoughts, and he even smiled a bit when he looked up. "There is one," he said.

Azel perked up with interest. She got up from her cot and moved over to the curved booth. She sat next to him, and turned her body to face him. "Tell me?" She asked gently. She laid her head against the back of the booth.

In that moment, Obi-Wan could tell she felt comfortable. The girl always looks like she is comfortable no matter where she is, but now she looks comfortable with him. It is a surprising and nice feeling.