Chapter 23

A/N: New chapter!! The one you have been waiting for ;) This one is hefty at 11k+ words so sit back and get comfortable. It's a rollercoaster of emotion and information. Disclaimer: I'm not clear on the full Nightsister history, so just roll with whatever pops up. Enjoy! xo

--

Now (2 BBY)

Jedha City is dirty. 

It's packed with people that are rough-looking, to put it nicely, and each time Obi-Wan runs into someone he gets a glare in which he mumbles a sorry and keeps moving. The air is polluted and smells of dirt and engine exhaust. There are business stalls every couple of feet on the streets and down each alley with vendors that look irritated despite each sale they make.

Obi-Wan lost count of how many people he has physically run into. The last person muttered a watch it, and Obi-Wan had to veer off into the arch of a doorway just to breathe and get his bearings straight.

It's been a while since he landed his X-Wing. He parked in the hangar nearest to the main entrance of the city. He landed in the spot with the numbers he was given by the rebels. Not a soul was there to greet him or even question his landing choice so it must be a private landing zone the Rebellion has claimed--discreetly, of course. If the black and white troopers and massive ships hovering nearby are anything to go off of, this moon and its large city are under Imperial control. Obi-Wan had kept his head as low as he could with the hood of his cloak covering most of his facial features to avoid any unwanted attention. His ship is bad enough.

At least no one saw him get off the ship and exit its port.

Obi-Wan takes a deep breath and looks around. He is told he will find her at the center of the city come noon. According to intel, she is always in a local cantina when the sun is at its highest. Obi-Wan's job is to get her attention and draw her outside. By what means? He isn't sure. The second he exposes himself, the stormtroopers will be on him before she gets a glimpse of his face.

A bad feeling settles in his gut. This is a trap. He shouldn't have come.

He isn't far from the center of the city now but when he looks up he immediately spots a massive Wookiee wandering the streets.

Obi-Wan jumps from his perch on the doorstep and pushes through the crowd without a care for the remarks he gets and stops when he is face-to-face with Han, Arrin, and their Wookiee.

"Obi-Wan! Oh thank the Force, we're not too late."

Startled, Obi-Wan asks, "what are you talking about?"

"It's a trap," Arrin says, echoing Obi-Wan's earlier thoughts. He pulls them down a still crowded alley but out of the sea of moving people. "Mon Mothma set you up. She doesn't plan on arresting Azel. It's an ambush. They're planning on killing her."

"What? Here?" Obi-Wan looks around at the mass of people wandering to and fro. Surely they wouldn't risk this many lives for one?

Would they?

"This place is an old Jedi Temple. The Empire has been harvesting and taking Kyber Crystals from this place for years. Azel has been the one overseeing its workings. They have been waiting until they get a clear shot but she never shows her face in the open and she's always protected by several troops and guards. You're here to lure her out so the rebels can strike."

"Bravo, Dameron."

The four of them turn to see Cassian Andor pointing a blaster at them and his droid doing the same just behind him. Chewie growls but doesn't move. The crowds pass by, not even phased by the spectacle happening but it won't be long before the stormtroopers take notice.