Chapter 21

A/N: I don't know if Annihilous had been used for Sith in the universe but for the sake of this story let's pretend it hasn't.

-

Now (2 BBY)

It's cold. His limbs are numb and frozen in place. He doesn't know where he is, all he knows is that it's dark and he feels... afraid.

Everything about the room is heavy, like the weight of a thousand negative emotions are resting on his shoulders. The most prominent being anger.

The room ignites in a red glow. It's coming from the laser blade swinging towards him by a blurry figure.

Before it strikes, the scene changes, and he is somewhere warm and sunny. Obi-Wan has to squint against the bright, yellow sun. He'd move his hand to block out the rays if he could move at all.

He doesn't dwell on it too much because there's a girl with long, dirty blonde hair and blue eyes standing before him. She is tilting her head at him and a soft smile is playing on her lips. Her hand reaches up and cups his cheek, it's warm and tender like everything else about her features. He doesn't know what she is smiling so fondly about, but for some reason, Obi-Wan hopes it's because of him.

Her expression is just as warm and inviting as the atmosphere. Everything is gentle and loving, the exact opposite of whatever place he just came from. He has a sudden urge to protect her from whatever it was, but it's pushed to the back of his mind the moment the girl leans in and places her lips against his.

He may be stuck in place, but he is alright being stuck like this. Her lips are soft like he imagined they would be, and oh so careful like she's afraid he might break if she presses too hard.

Obi-Wan has never felt so safe before, and this girl he has never met but somehow knows all the same has everything to do with it.

It's strange but nothing else matters now. She is here, and she is a beacon of light--her rays of sunshine burn away all the fear and warm the darkness with her loving embrace.

As she pulls away and looks into his eyes wearing that same fond smile, Obi-Wan knows without a doubt that he is home.

Obi-Wan blinks lazily awake, the effects of the dream linger even as he squints against the light. It reminds him of the dream, except this time when he moves his hand to shield his eyes it's not restrained at his side.

"Welcome back, General Kenobi."

He blinks again as his eyes finally begin to adjust. The room isn't as bright as he thought but it's clinically white with pale blue accents and the smell is sterile enough to sting his nose. He turns his head and finds the source of the voice in an older woman dressed in white robes with short auburn hair. He thinks she fits in well with the room. Her presence is serene but it's off-putting like the calm before a storm.

Nothing like the girl in his dream.

"Who are you?"

"I am Mon Mothma. You could say I am the director of this operation."

"Operation," Obi-Wan mutters and then remembers the ship with Han. "Yavin four," he says. "Hidden rebel base."

Her lips go thin. "I see Captain Dameron has no qualms about his loose tongue. He and that Solo boy are nothing but trouble. Bright as they are, they can turn even the most joyous day into a destructive one."

Obi-Wan watches her carefully. "They saved me."

"Yes, and I let them." At his frown, she continues, "I understand your memory is entirely missing. Our doctors here are good, they said in time your memories will return, but for now, feel free to freshen up and get dressed. Come find me in the war room after and we can discuss the circumstances of your rescue."