Chapter 11

He's on a ship. He can tell by the alarm blaring in his ears. It's shaking beneath his feet signaling that it's going down. Azelynn is there, and standing before her is Darth Vader.

Obi-Wan tries to reach for his lightsaber on reflex, but he is frozen in place.

"Azelynn," He calls to her instead, but his voice is unheard.

Her face is morphed into a sad expression. She peers into a smoking chasm beside them, her eyes far away.

"Join me, sister." Darth Vader says to her.

"No!" Obi-Wan yells on instinct, but once again is unheard.

With what Obi-Wan has learned about Azelynn, he didn't worry much about her going to the dark side, but as she looked up at Vader with a pained expression Obi-Wan knew his worst fears have come true.

Vader held out a lightsaber to her, and with a shaky hand, she took it.

"Azelynn don't!" Obi-Wan yelled again.

She ignited the lightsaber, and her face is reflecting its red glow. Obi-Wan can see the void expression in her eyes, much like Anakins were when Obi-Wan lost him.

That's when Obi-Wan woke up. His eyes still seeing her face in the glow of a Siths lightsaber even after he opens his eyes.

Obi-Wan is panting and in a cold sweat. He sat up in his bed, and ran his fingers through his tousled hair. The perspiration on his forehead helped hold the strands back from his face.

"Just a dream," he muttered to himself. "Only a dream."

"It was no dream," a familiar voice spoke. Obi-Wan jumped in surprise, and looked up to see the apparition of Qui-Gon standing in his room.

Obi-Wan eyes widened. "Qui-Gon!" He exclaimed. Obi-Wan is on his feet in an instant, and took the few steps needed to stand before him. He examined his late master giddily, like a child does with candy. Qui-Gon looks exactly as Obi-Wan remembered him. "I've been trying to reach you," he said to him.

Qui-Gon gave him his kind smile. "I know, I've felt you."

"Then why am I only now seeing you?" Obi-Wan wondered.

Qui-Gon looked away, an expression of guilt appearing on his features. "Because now, you are ready."

"Ready for what?" He questioned.

"The future." He replied and moved to sit down at the foot of his bed. Obi-Wan followed, sitting next to him.

"The dream," he started. "It wasn't a dream was it?"

"No," Qui-Gon said darkly.

"A vision." Obi-Wan concluded. He knew very little about Force visions, but he knows Anakin had them and it didn't turn out well. "I think it's the same one I've been having but can never remember." He found himself saying.

Qui-Gon nodded. "Different variations of it, but yes. This time it was strong enough for you to remember."

Obi-Wan shook his head in disbelief. "It can't be true," he said. "It can't be."

Qui-Gon looked at him sadly and didn't say a word.

"Then I must stop training her. I need to take her back to her home where she will be safe-"

"You can't stop her training and hide her away. She will not have it."

Obi-Wan sighed, knowing he is right. After everything Azel has been exposed to with the training and knowledge of the Jedi, she won't wish to quit. Besides, she wants to find her mother. That drive will never leave her until she accomplishes it. "Master, I-" He began distraught.