Chapter 3: He bailed on me

A/N: This is my new fanfiction, Rhodes' Sister, I hope you enjoy and remember I do not own the one Chicago franchise nor do I own the characters.

Question: Would you like me to make a mood board for each chapter? I'm also happy to make a character board if that's what you'd like too.

****

"Coffee?" Connor offered his baby sister, he had been watching her pace in front of the nurses station for the past 10 minutes and had started to question  what she was doing. He had tried asking Maggie but she just shrugged and explained that she had been like this since she had taken a call.

Camille quickly took the coffee that had been offered and resumed her pacing. Connor continued to watch his younger sister pace until he finally decided to speak up "Okay, what's going on?"

"I knew he'd do this, I knew one day he'd try and sneak his way back into my life. Now look at what he's done, everything's gone kaboom! And I mean the whole kaboom"

"Kaboom?" Connor couldn't help but chuckle at his sister's child-like descriptions it reminded him of when she used to explain the stories she had read. Camille had been a very keen reader since she was just a toddler, it had been something that neither of her siblings had inherited from their mom. She could read anything and would dare to try everything and as a child would never leave home without a book but that soon changed after the loss of Elizabeth Rhodes.

Camille glared at her brother who quickly stopped laughing. "I'm not laughing"

"Come on" Connor guided his sister away from the desk before she made a show of herself and took her to the staff room where Will Halstead had just settled for his break. Walking into the office Connor pushed his sister to sofa earning a scowl from Camille. "Talk"

"Talk?" Camille raised an eyebrow almost challenging her big brother.

"Yes talk, what's going on?" Sensing his sisters hesitation to answer he added "Camille, you've been acting strange all week"

"Dad called" Her voice barely a whisper Connor hadn't managed to catch on but Will definetly did and made his excuses before he left. Camille could tell Connor hadn't heard her because his face was still straight so she repeated her words "Dad called Connor, he wants to see me"

No wonder she had been acting strangely all week "and are you going to?" Connor asked, he knew that Cornelius Rhodes never contacted Camille or himself for that matter unless he wanted something which he had learnt from experience. He had decided that he hadn't wanted to shape his younger sisters opinion on their father and instead rather she make them decisions on her own.

"I don't know" Camille shrugged, she hadn't actually seen her father since the attack which had been almost 9 years ago even then he had never really made an effort with the youngest Rhodes. He had tried contacting his youngest daughter nearly a week ago but Camille had been doing her best to avoid the calls.

It had been no secret that Cornelius Rhodes favored his eldest daughter, Claire not that bothered Camille, her brother was all the father she needed in this life. 

"Do what you think's best, okay?" Connor suggested.

Camille nodded her head showing that she had heard him but chose not to answer "I'm gonna get back to work" 

****

"Dr Rhodes, fracture in Trauma 3" Maggie informed the dark brunette who was tying her hair back. She had just returned from her second coffee break that morning and some of the doctors actually thought she'd end up with the shakes if she drank anymore. But to anyone that knew Camille would argue that she functioned better with a continuous coffee rush.