Chapter 7: Not So Happy Birthday.

A/N: This chapter talks about death and mental health issues so please don't read if you aren't comfortable with reading about it.

Today 26 years ago Camille Leanne Rhodes had been born in the Queen's Medical Centre in S Lake Shore Dr.

Camille hated her birthday but somehow her brother always made it bearable. When Camille woke up that morning all she wanted to do was go back to sleep but unfortunately she had to work.

She had been laying in her bed trying to think about her date with Jeff last night instead of day ahead when her cell chimed. Reaching her hand to the side table Cammie moved it around until she found her cell.

Connor:

I'm outside x

Looking back to her cell Cammie began to reply.

Cammie:

I'll meet you down there. I need to open the letter box. X

Not bothering to change Camille left her apartment in her pyjamas accepting the birthday wished from her neighbors and the other tenants as she went.

Connor had been leant against the letter boxes when Cammie pushed open the glass doors.

"Morning" Connor greeted pressing a kiss against his sister's forehead and pulling her into a soft embrace "Happy Birthday."

"Thanks" Cammie muttered before reaching into her letter box. Birthday cards. Great.

Connor accompanied his sister to her apartment and the two sat and talked about Camille's date last night.Camille knew her brother had been trying to take her mind off the day and it had been working.

"I got you something" Connor began. When Camille started to protest one swift lift of his hand had stopped her. Lifting into a bag he handed his sister a box. "I know you hate this day but please just accept this one gift"

Taking the box from her brother Camille opened it gently, gasping as she pulled the lid off. "It's beautiful Connor" Camille smiled as she inspected the chain.

"I had it made for you. It's mom's wedding bands" Connor said shyly. "I know mom left it for you, but I didn't think you'd want to wait to have it. I know how impatient you are. I wanted something that you could wear everyday."

"Wow. It's- I love it" Camille was shocked She hadn't really remembered her mother's rings, only from what she remembered from pictures. "Thank you Connor"

The necklace was white gold, the main element Greek mythological symbol with the real blue sapphire from her mom's engagement ring in the middle. It wasn't a big necklace, Connor hadn't wanted it to be too overpowering for his sister.

"I'm glad you like it." Connor face lit up "What did you want to do today before you go to work?"

Looking towards her brother Camille asked "Can we go see mom?"

"Yeah" Connor had been taken aback by the request but quickly agreed, he had wanted to see where his mom lay for a while but he hadn't wanted to go unless his sister stood beside him.

****

"It's more beautiful than I remember" Camille smiled sadly as she laid the roses on the base of the headstone.

"That it is" Connor agreed setting his white colored rose beside the pink.

"Do you think she's happy?" Camille asked, squinting against the cool sun.

"It's what mom wanted Camille, we have to remember that" Connor replied sadly. The two stood in silence for a few minutes both trying to hide their sniffing. Turning to his sister he asked "You ready to go?"