Chapter 8: The Necklace

Camille was beyond happy as she walked into the ER with a smile on her face. - She had had a great week and spent time with Jeff at his apartment. He had told her all about his ex wife and his military career which fascinated Cammie. She had also had Gabby and Matt around to watch the Blackhawks game, they had ordered take out and talked over a few beers. She hadn't really seen much of her brother though, he had been busy with Robyn not that it bothered her, she would still talk to him during her shift. - But that was as all about the change when some patients couldn't keep their eyes away.

"Morning" Cammie smiled as she left the staff room, dropping her stethascope to her neck.

"Someone's happy" April noted from the nurse's station where Cammie had decided to situate herself. 

"That's because I am" She admitted. "Jeff's taking me on a date tonight. Mariano's"

April's eyes widened. That was the nicest Italian restaurant in Chicago, she was actually surprised that Jeff had managed to secure a table. "That's-that's uh wow"

"What's a 'wow'?" Maggie overheard. 

April's voice lowered "Jeff got a table at Mariano's for their date.

"He did what?!" She practically gasped, looking towards Camille who stood slightly perplexed her glasses making the crease in her forehead stand out as she raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow at the two nurses. "Woah girl! You gotta keeper there" She hummed.

She hadn't even thought about how hard it would've been for Jeff to get a table there. Growing up Cammie used to use Mariano's as if it was a high street takeaway. But that of course came with the Rhodes name. Being a Rhodes she was considered powerful and her wealth just emphasized that, as a teen Cammie was always exposed to the media that had probably been the reason her father hadn't cared for her after the attack. When the attack happened it had been in the news, not because of how horrific it had been but simply because she had that surname. 

"Uh-I don't" Camille started but she was quickly cut off by Maggie whose pager began to bleep.

"Incoming. Dr Rhodes"

"Come on April. You're with me" She instructed. Turning to the charge nurse she asked. "Maggie. Page Dr Clarke for me" 

"Pedestrian, 32 year old hit by a moving vehicle. Violent outbursts before we arrived on scene" Brett informed wheeling the patient through the doors as she fell into step with Camille who was looking through the patient notes.

"Trauma 2. Dr Rhodes" Maggie called from behind the huge pager that was constantly glued to her hands.

"Heard you had another date tonight. Mariano's" The PIC marveled. Gabby, thankfully knew  Camille wasn't one to use her name to an advantage and used her money wisely unlike her sister who flaunted it by dressing in designer clothes. Camille had always been the one to dress comfy and sensible and didn't waste her money not that she had much after her father severed her funds until she brought him into her life again.

"You heard her" Cammie sing songed. "And yeah. I'm looking forward. We haven't been out since my birthday"

"Yeah? Where's your shadow?" Gabby chuckled as the wheeled the patient into the bay. 

"I'm here." Jeff called as he bounced into the cubicle. "Morning Gabby. Brett"

"Okay Mr Thomas. I'm Dr Rhodes. This is Dr Clarke. Heard you got into bit of an accident." Camille stated before turning to the charge nurse "Maggie can we page Dr Charles we need an eval done."

"Dr Charles is on his way Dr Rhodes" Maggie informed stepping into the bay.

"Thanks Maggie" Camille nodded before collecting the monitors and placing them at the bottom of the gurney. "Can we get Mr Thomas up to radiology please. Clarke. Can you follow up. Take 5 of Ativan just in case."